Help › Forums

Re: cross platform play--unsupported

Mon, May 11 2015 7:20 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2015 9:01 AM

MrSCicero:
    I play this on a 29 inch screen, Why would I want to play it on a screen that I can barely see?

You weren't asking about yourself, you were asking about another member's situation. You asked for an idea and I gave you one. Internet cafes (some) and libraries have regular computers for use.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2015 10:30 AM

If I had a desktop with a 29 inch monitor, I'd never miss ding.

• fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2015 11:25 AM

Cross-platform play = something to do with Donkey Kong. Watch out for those barrels... ;-)

• MrSCicero
    154 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2015 9:28 AM

MichaelStroke:

If I had a desktop with a 29 inch monitor, I'd never miss ding.

I very seldom try to hit the ding!

• MrSCicero
    154 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2015 9:43 AM

YankeeJim:

You weren't asking about yourself, you were asking about another member's situation. You asked for an idea and I gave you one. Internet cafes (some) and libraries have regular computers for use.

I understand what you are saying and thank you for your suggestions, I was really directing this question to someone directly affiliated with WGT, Just to see if there was anything in the works as a work around or cure to the situation all together. I was merely venting my frustration about a situation that was caused when they (WGT) created an app for mobile devices, Did they not think about this while they were creating the app? Is this still not a flash based game app for mobile devices? I guess I don't understand why if a player is connected to the WGT website there is such a thing as cross platform play, Is that person using a mobile device not connected to the same server on the WGT website?

Also in response to it not being me that has to play on a mobile device, My question to you would then be, If I was to hold a tournament and everyone did join in and it came down to me having to play him to win the tournament, How would I go about playing if I didn't have access to a mobile device? (not that I would ever want to play this on a puny screen) Who would forfeit the game, Should I be penalized because I didn't have a mobile device to play on, Or should he be penalized because he did not have access to a computer? Now lets just say this is a tournament with credit prize involved, Am I shedding some light on the situation?

You see it might not even be me that has to play him that does not have a mobile device, But I as a Country Club owner would have no choice but to try to render the situation,Just how do I go about it without asking questions?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2015 12:04 PM

MrSCicero:
    Is this still not a flash based game app for mobile devices?

No and that's where the problem is. Android doesn't use Flash.

MrSCicero:
    If I was to hold a tournament and everyone did join in and it came down to me having to play him to win the tournament, How would I go about playing if I didn't have access to a mobile device? (not that I would ever want to play this on a puny screen)

That's where HE is the one that would need to find a PC to play you on.  The monkey's on his back, not yours. I was a beta tester for the Android release and I'm with you-that screen is just too small for any kind of decent play.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2015 12:28 PM

Android CAN use Flash. They just don't recommend it anymore. Just saying.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2015 2:25 PM

courteneyfish:
    Android CAN use Flash

Not for playing this game, which is the subject.

• MrSCicero
    154 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2015 7:20 PM

YankeeJim:

MrSCicero:
    Is this still not a flash based game app for mobile devices?

No and that's where the problem is. Android doesn't use Flash.

MrSCicero:
    If I was to hold a tournament and everyone did join in and it came down to me having to play him to win the tournament, How would I go about playing if I didn't have access to a mobile device? (not that I would ever want to play this on a puny screen)

That's where HE is the one that would need to find a PC to play you on.  The monkey's on his back, not yours. I was a beta tester for the Android release and I'm with you-that screen is just too small for any kind of decent play.

Thank you for all of your information. It was very helpful!

• PAGES
RSS