Tue, Feb 17 2015 1:49 PM (33 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Feb 17 2015 7:19 AM

Past time means overdue, pastime (or pass-time) is a hobby. HTH

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Feb 17 2015 9:56 AM

My favorite pass-time is driving me crazy. I think it is past time it gets fixed. How did I do professor? LOL my friend, just being my typical old Squirrel Nutz.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Feb 17 2015 11:51 AM

overtheedge:
    think for the most part WGT is a very cool game.

Can't agree more - it still is a great game. I do not gambol so if this aspect does not bother me. It is frustrating to have crashes and not get invites and the curses of all the bugs, but it is still great fun.

What frustrates me is I have never excepted average, but believe in the pursuit of excellence - in business terms. There is no room for complacency.

My fear is WGT are losing players in large numbers, some may return, many will not. If that number drops too low, development will cease and eventually it will cease. I do not want to see that happen, but requires some real planning and direction. Again this is where a players/forum group could assist.

Jim got it right - it seems any idea dreamed up at WGT headquarters will fly, regardless of what it is. CC Clash prizes is the prime example.

Finally Ducati is right - aspects of this game kill any prospective opposition, but realism is not one of them. On the other side a bad miss will result in a duck hook or shank, here with the top clubs you can still be on the money.

The horse bolted a long time ago and to be honest there is no real way of reining that back without really pi$$ing off your customers (even more). Realistic scores are long gone.

Perhaps if a new course was released all attributes could be reeled back to limit scoring to a maximum of 7 under - even if it was for the VUS Open. But imagine the guys playing with starters maxing out each hole - people would just give up. In other words your Lvl 100 Nikes will play like G10's, the top Nike ball like a Tour SD etc. if nothing else it would be interesting. Sadly the problem is the platform that can obviously be manipulated - like playing in internet cafes with that happen to have CE's. .

Of course this will not happen even though scoring is just relative to the lowest score - the player who always wins - regardless of carding a 52 or a 72.

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Tue, Feb 17 2015 1:49 PM

PaulTon:
    (or pass-time)

Maybe if you wave bye,bye as you "pass" time you can use it. Jus say'in.

Either way, who cares.

RSS