Forums

Help › Forums

LOCKED AND LOADED

Tue, Feb 17 2015 1:49 PM (33 replies)
  • cycle0
    38 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 4:07 PM

Being one of those who "stop in from time to time", I would like to thank those dedicated posters that keep us informed of the downside.  No Alternate Shot invites>>> no go from the gitgo.

Thanks for keeping us informed.  I will check back in a week or two.

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 4:30 PM

cycle0:
     I will check back in a week or two.

Be sure now. You surely don't want to miss out. And don't be a stranger, starnger,,,lol!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 4:50 PM

Dang OTE - but I agree with you again.....the forum users  are the minority and our complaints are not heard for this reason.

After all WGT did confirm that most players actually write to CS and tell them how rosy things are, how they love the new features like CC clashes etc. So why would they listen to the whiners who are in the minority.

I agree, we need to evolve or things just get stale.

But every smart company can learn from their customers - in fact the best companies will take action on adverse reactions, improve on what they were doing and everyone benefits. The old adage you learn a lot more from a complaining customer than those who say nothing and leave.

But WGT is also in the position to do nothing, as effectively they have the golf game market cornered. With it comes high pricing, appalling customer service and poor quality control....sound familiar? Yes they will lose gamers, but not necessarily the golfers who play this game.

I have always thought a selected group from forum users who can be objective and represent other players would be beneficial to helping WGT come up with suggestions - yes WGT must have the final say but it could at least offer alternative ideas.

A classic example is the CC Clashes - when a CC that comes just outside of the top 100 after 1 member plays 20 odd rounds shows it is not as popular as they would have us believe. With input this feature could really be a winner - for everyone.

Actually if nothing else WGT need to stop and say, where the hell are we going? There is no clear (lack) of direction (evident from the CC Level system, lack of bank and features).

I have no idea of the internal goings on at WGT, or who is making the calls, but whoever it is really is totally devoid of ideas at the moment and could use whatever help they can get.

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 4:59 PM

alanti:

Dang OTE - but I agree with you again.....the forum users  are the minority and our complaints are not heard for this reason.

After all WGT did confirm that most players actually write to CS and tell them how rosy things are, how they love the new features like CC clashes etc. So why would they listen to the whiners who are in the minority.

I agree, we need to evolve or things just get stale.

But every smart company can learn from their customers - in fact the best companies will take action on adverse reactions, improve on what they were doing and everyone benefits. The old adage you learn a lot more from a complaining customer than those who say nothing and leave.

But WGT is also in the position to do nothing, as effectively they have the golf game market cornered. With it comes high pricing, appalling customer service and poor quality control....sound familiar? Yes they will lose gamers, but not necessarily the golfers who play this game.

I have always thought a selected group from forum users who can be objective and represent other players would be beneficial to helping WGT come up with suggestions - yes WGT must have the final say but it could at least offer alternative ideas.

A classic example is the CC Clashes - when a CC that comes just outside of the top 100 after 1 member plays 20 odd rounds shows it is not as popular as they would have us believe. With input this feature could really be a winner - for everyone.

Actually if nothing else WGT need to stop and say, where the hell are we going? There is no clear lack of direction (evident from the CC Level system, lack of bank and features).

I have no idea of the internal goings on at WGT, or who is making the calls, but whoever it is really is totally devoid of ideas at the moment and could use whatever help they can get.

Excellent post Al. Spot on. 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 6:39 PM

Icon said it is Them, he has brought the problems up to Them. I wish he would ask Them why I can't get a game in tonight. It is taking 30-45 seconds between shots to load, keep getting pop ups, this web page is not available, lost connection to WGT. I have tried 2 different browsers, one dedicated to WGT only. Zoom shots taking 30 plus seconds. I am tired of commenting on things. I just want to play a few rounds. My taking a break and doing surveys didn't work. I spent 5 hrs today messing around with surveys and watching videos. I got $1.00 in credits and spent another 2 hrs unsubscribing from non stop E-mails. It sure has me wondering what I am doing wrong.

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 8:53 PM

alanti:

But WGT is also in the position to do nothing, as effectively they have the golf game market cornered.

wouldn't be entirely sure of that....you might be surprised how many wgt-er's are at that other place on a daily basis.....even though it is still early access and has lots of little glitches..and some very familiar wgt names over there as well

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 10:10 PM

alanti:
    CC Clashes - when a CC that comes just outside of the top 100 after 1 member plays 20 odd rounds shows it is not as popular as they would have us believe. With input this feature could really be a winner - for everyone.

They knew they needed to do something, just were not sure what.  The company is trying to appeal to the broadest spectrum, and in doing so ended up dumbing it down to circus rabbit gnome play.

They appear to have made the decision the money is in the middle ground, and no point even developing the top.  There game, but if the clash is anything to go by disregarding the rest may yet back fire.  Lets face it it is not very popular at all and that is because it's a v silly lame attempt at cash grabbing at best, but really just plain daft to play.

alanti:
    Actually if nothing else WGT need to stop and say, where the hell are we going?

+1 per above they know they need to do something, but what is not clear.

alanti:

Yep.  Almost like throwing it any employee to think of some new trick and pupil X got their first ever go having just played candy crush, hence CC event.  Still scratch my head as that as some big thing.

Great rest of post btw.

If credible competition ever transpired that I think would force real change.  For now IMO credible opposition does not exist, and so WGT have decided they do not need to work on loyalty. It's more pull them in fry em in the pro shop ASAP and off to the Event for the final sizzle.  Trouble is looking at the "Event"  numbers plan seems pretty poor.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 10:39 PM

Ducati916:

alanti:

But WGT is also in the position to do nothing, as effectively they have the golf game market cornered.

wouldn't be entirely sure of that....you might be surprised how many wgt-er's are at that other place on a daily basis.....even though it is still early access and has lots of little glitches..and some very familiar wgt names over there as well

LOL Including me! But there is a long way to go before it is truly a competitor IMO.

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Tue, Feb 17 2015 6:10 AM

alanti:
    But there is a long way to go before it is truly a competitor IMO.

I sure hope so Al. I find myself logging in more and more lately. All bugs and glitches aside WGT is presently the best on-line golf game on the market. 

Also - "at times" the silence from the WGT admin and programmers is most definitely frustrating BUT, so what. The silence has been that way since the game hit the market. Bottom line - it is our past time and to be honest, I enjoy this past time, no matter what the problems may be.

I would surely be bummed if this game EVER closed. Sometimes I cringe when I read alll the complaints. Dont get me wrong, "some" of the complaints are most definitely legitimate and should be addressed from the proper source but most of the time it really is just pissin and moanin and I think is one of many reasons why WGT doesn't reply or respond. WGT has enough trouble just keeping the game up, running and playable not including trying to clean up the bugs and glitches.

I think for the most part WGT is a very cool game. It is an on-line computer game vulnerable to bugs and glitches. Unless you are losing hard earned cash because of WGT's neglect or incompetence then may I suggest, use common sense, pick and choose the friends and type of game you play, and enjoy your time in the community and playing the game. By doing this it just might make your time here a bit more enjoyable.

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Tue, Feb 17 2015 6:58 AM

alanti:

Ducati916:

alanti:

LOL Including me! But there is a long way to go before it is truly a competitor IMO.

It feels a bit like that show..."Lost"......5 years of being sucked in only for some convoluted turd of an ending.....As it stands today, I think the features, lobby, selection of courses and game types, etc are by far better here...but....the realism regarding scoring and "missed shots", etc are much more realistic there.....not sure there'll be a whole lot of 55's. I think if they go the way of "purchasing skill aids" like we have here with clubs, balls, etc...it will be a huge mistake

RSS