Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Twitch Hacked ??

Wed, Mar 25 2015 5:08 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2015 3:33 PM

It's legit  !  National news ,  also on homepage of Maxthon Cloud under "tech" tab.

Twitch: undisclosed number of user accounts compromised, loads of personal data at risk - TechSpot

http://www.techspot.com/news/60138-twitch-undisclosed-number-user-accounts-compromised-loads-personal.html

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2015 4:19 PM

ZioMio:

opyeuclid:

I got the same email , thing is     I DO NOT HAVE A TWITCH ACCOUNT  .

OPY

You must have registered to watch the match plays Opy.

You are right Sir .  I forgot cause its been so long since Icon has played a Watch me game .

OPY 

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2015 4:48 PM

opyeuclid:
    I forgot cause its been so long since Icon has played a Watch me game .

Seems to be the trend with things here ... only hope the clash suffers the same fate.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2015 4:49 PM

opyeuclid:

I got the same email , thing is     I DO NOT HAVE A TWITCH ACCOUNT  .

OPY

Beat me to it. Me, too.  LOL

• DAD111
    582 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2015 5:38 PM

fmagnets:

DAD111:

"Resetting your password will also invalidate your existing stream keys".

I'm not entirely sure what this means and so I haven't changed my password yet. It all looks pretty genuine, but not sure what the last message from Twitch means.

Any advice welcome please. Thanks all....

The stream key is the code Twitch gives you to put into your broadcast tool. This allows the tool to connect the feed to your Twitch page. If you don't broadcast, it is not relevant to you, so go ahead and change the password (going directly to Twitch of course, never follow any links).

^^^  Mags....Many thanks for this. Had an inkling it may be something along those lines.

I've never streamed on Twitch but I look in on others playing sometimes, yourself included. It's really cool watching how the great players play this game.

My thanks again...... 

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2015 9:58 PM

There was a breach. 

Speaking of Twitch.

Why has WGT not made the monthly winners in the VT events TWITCH a round the following month?

What happened to the TWITCH thing? 

Here's what happened. The cheats either ran from the game, or were exposed when they did TWITCH a round. And all hell broke loose about it. And, NOTHING was done to correct it, either. The Twitch thing backfired big time. 

I used to play on an 8 year old machine with Vista, and had 4mbps download speed (on a good day) and .40 upload  (3mg ram, too) and could record every round and Twitch every round and I never, ever noticed any difference in play or the meter. My only problem was the 10 second wait between shots. So, that old cry of "if I twitch or record, it messes up my meter" is BS.

Twitch brought out into the open the fact that there are TOO MANY non-legit players stealing from legit players (myself not included in the victim of theft, because I can't play well enough to win, anyway). 

There will probably be a downtime tomorrow (today) night (Wed) or next Tues/Wed night  and for those that plan on filling 20 pages with "are you going to fix the invite bug?"..don't waste your time. Here's your answer....NO!!!.    

A new level 80 putter and Driver? Probably.

Something/anything "useful" for Level 90-98? NO!!

CC Directors bug fixed? NO.

CC Bank added? NO.

Putting dots (for those who say they are messed up) fixed? NO. Already been stated that they are going to stay as they are.

Rough put back to what it used to be? NO (the newbies are more important than anyone who's been here longer than 6 months).

And my mama says I'm a pessimist...Pfft....A realist is more like it.

And on a good note....

Shoe got promoted!!! Congrats!!!

• treebeard
    228 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2015 4:41 AM

Whether Twitch was hacked or not,I don't know,but have subsequently changed all passwords everywhere.It's a poor show that this can happen when WGT recommend said site.

I now have "keyboard elbow"

:(

• fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2015 5:08 AM

jayw4862:

Why has WGT not made the monthly winners in the VT events TWITCH a round the following month?

Perhaps because the two winners so far already do Twitch, so WGT has not had to make anyone do anything. Maybe this has just been a convenient excuse for laziness on WGT's part though.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when a red-flag player wins a VT event. It would be great to have them Twitching every round for the subsequent month, but I doubt WGT will bother. Just making a cheat broadcast one round would be neither here nor there, unless they happened to be as dumb as that fellow last year ;-)

• PAGES
RSS