Forums

Help › Forums

Re: color of balls

Sun, Feb 13 2011 5:16 PM (49 replies)
  • craigswan
    31,545 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 12:47 PM

Scotland is the one with all the good looking people and all the oil and water and whiskey .

• craigswan
    31,545 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 1:44 PM

For sure -whatever .

• Hammer46
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 8:50 PM

Latin-derived spellings

[edit] -our-or

Most words ending in an unstressed -our in British English (e.g.colour, flavour,honourneighbourrumourlabourhumour) end in -or in American English (e.g.,color, flavorhonorneighborrumorlaborhumor). 

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2011 11:08 PM

I can three putt ok,but danged if I can cut and paste..it's always been a greay area for me..plus I'd like to see some greayish coloure..er colored ..er hued balls made available to players like me who suffer colur blindness.. it's only fair imo..also I saw in a  recent post where LizzieRossetti mispelled (or mispelt or is it misspelt?)the word ' sumptuos'..do I get a prize for that..?A sleeve of grieghy vapur balls would be great!

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 4:25 AM

Sumptuous.(The English version with stress on the Uous)

Sumptious (Lizzesque adaptation perfectly acceptable in the republic of Rossetti,stressed on the "shush")

Sumptuse(Describes an article that one might use-long version "Something- to- use".Also describes fittingly a person who defies all logic as in "Obtuse" and yet does not rate full nomenclature and thus becomes "Some-obtuse-thing")

Snuckering(The way in which a dog will curl to a humans body and make little noises as he/she shifts to gain comfort and thus bring comfort to the human)

Snukkered(What happens to a person on BP 15)

Any errors or omissio s conta ned in this p st are fully the resp nsibility of someone else and not the au hor.Only a sumptuse would think that...

Lizz e xx

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 6:16 AM

Nan - once you've read enough of our dear Lizzie's posts, you will get to understand Lizziesque.  It is a wierd yet joyous language, one that warms the cockles of our hearts and brings smiles to our faces.  Now, personally speaking, I can't make head or tail or what she is saying half the time, but I don't let that get in the way of having a quiet giggle when reading it.

You will also find another language within this forum, that of the Common Man.  Most users of this wierd and wonderful language belong to the Common Man Country Club, but through their travels this language is fast spreading amongst the WGT community.

So, don't look upon these writings as incorrect, but look upon then as innovations towards an enjoyable environment.  In time to come you will be able to say "I speak 3 languages, English, Lizziesque and Common Man".

Lizzie - do snukkered and snookered have the same meaning?  They would be pronounced the same by Americans (but not by us in the UK as we know how to pronounce 'oo' - it's oo as in Typhoo).

Now what has all this got to do with culerd borls?

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 6:48 AM

MioKontic:
    You will also find another language within this forum, that of the Common Man. 

Is it VEM, Paranormables, Yips and such? We is  hopefullables to reach some conclusionables regarding what weird stuff and paranormals and the whatnots that many of us have seen and continue to be seeing since the before times.

CMCC Tac Team Mission : Serve and protect the members of WGT from paranormables and whatnots.

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 8:12 AM

Geez-

Wit all tha talkin bout color, (colour for r Breetish Freends) i getz ta this hear pageable and whatnot and fine tha my sergeant-at-arms-length has bean to buuk learnin and such...

Now, my questionable iz I didint knowz yun wuz able to reed, yet alonee speel tem ther big fity-dollor words and all else

my shoutouts to StrangeMagician for doin the voodoo-that-you doo...(wear I heerd that un b'fore?)

Buuk learnin at the secret base givin by SM

CMCC, SOT Commander

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 8:22 AM

See what I mean Nan, it's total gibberish, but lovable.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 5:16 PM

Lizzy the magnefisables and whatnots. LOL

RSS