Forums

Help › Forums

color of balls

Sun, Feb 13 2011 5:16 PM (49 replies)
  • zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2011 3:54 PM

Price points. Interesting question, the different price for balls of various colors. Why the blue ones should be the cheapest, who knows? Folks generally eschew blue balls? They get lost in flight, what with the blue heavens and all? Perhaps white, while the plainest, commands a certain premium because there will always be a hard core of traditionalists who find the randier colors a tad, shall we say, cheesy? And are willing to pay a few pence more for the dignity of ye olde white spheroid? Ever see the Oldest Member hacking about the course with a blaze orange or Santa-hued gutta-percha?

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 5:50 PM

figure the balls have a shelf life and  the lt blue , pink and lime ones arent selling very well so they reduced them to keep the product moving. LOL

Cant wait til they start selling tees.  Break one on every drive.  Unless you get those fancy bristle tees.  Or maybe those biodegradeable ones for the Eco-friendly golfer.

Enjoy

PS shouldnt this be in Equipment rather than Community Introductions

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 10:43 PM

JeffGooch:
    Cant wait til they start selling tees.  Break one on every drive.  Unless you get those fancy bristle tees.  Or maybe those biodegradeable ones for the Eco-friendly golfer.

Tees, of course!

But if they want the experience to be true to real life, where are the cart rental fees? "Carts mandatory. Walking graciously permitted after 6 pm on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of February only."

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 12:09 PM

Oh the joys of Virtual Golf

• craigswan
    31,545 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 12:30 PM

I play with orange balls in the snow but i can never score as good as i do with white ones .It,s all in the head .

• craigswan
    31,545 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 12:35 PM

Visited a pizza shop in florida on hols .Two americans in front when asked their name to write on box replied - elvis presley and john wayne .Good game i thought so called myself adam smith .Who was the reply .

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 12:45 PM

Good thing you didn't mention Scotland. That would've induced some head-scratching.

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 6:22 PM

I heard about Scotland once...some where over next to England I think.  :-))

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 6:29 PM

Zag - you can walk any UK course at any time.  In fact, many don't have carts, so you ain't got much choice in the matter!

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Fri, Jan 28 2011 10:44 AM

Boomerboy44:

I'll have you know my ape like hands don't sweat.  Back to important matters grey/gray. Do we care how it's spelled???? 

I don't really care one way or the other.  You know...in the middle.  Kinda in the greigh area.

d.  :)

RSS