Forums

Help › Forums

Re: shooting low scores

Sun, Sep 8 2013 3:10 PM (8 replies)
  • pw73gc
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 6:14 PM

How in the world do people shoot such low scores?  Low 60's?  Somebody has way too much time on their hands to do that good. I have played enough to do pretty good, and I have a hard time shooting in the low 80's. 

The game is not consistent enough for me. Pitching and putting is not the same distances for the same shots.  is it possible to cheat to shoot a low score? Just wondering.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 6:30 PM

No, some people just play the game better than other's. It takes some time to be consistantly low! I have also noted you have been on only a week, that is not near enough time to shoot low 60"s, unless you have multiple accounts!

• southsideduc
    22 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 6:52 PM

So people who are better than you are cheating losers with no lives?

• pw73gc
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 7:13 PM

I did not accuse, I just suggested.  Don't be so sensitive. You would have to spend alot of time playing to shoot in the low 60's.  Guaranteed!

• pw73gc
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 7:15 PM

Also!!!!   I was looking for some answers. Can't you give any reasons how you can score so low?  Did I hit a nerve?  

• pw73gc
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 7:19 PM

Thanks claremoreblue, for giving a reason,  i guess i should give it a little more time. Also, I guess you can improve with new equipment.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 2:29 PM

The new equipment helps with the longer yardage off the tee. But, you also have the much faster meter to go with it. The irons you might play with to get started would be the tour model irons. They are not a bad start until you learn the finer points to the game. They are not that expensive either i might add.

Depending on the tee's you play from, you have to know each fairway and especially the greens. I assume you are on the shorter tee's for the time being. I would say the upmost thing you can do right now is hitting the fairways, and learn the contour of the greens. Learn the wedges yardage inside and out, along with the greens , and you will start to see a drop in score consistantly.

Putting is of course the hardest and most important part of the game. Two of the shots each hole will be using that club, unless of course you are making birdies. Reading the greens, and how the putter works in this game is time consuming, but well worth it when you figure it out. With that, I would recommend you buy the Anser or the Spider putter. They are much better than the standard one, and well worth the expense.

Hang in there, you have a long way to go, keep playing the game, and each week you will improve on the scores. There are multiple threads you can research for advice on irons, putter's, and also driver in the forums. Type in what you would like to gain knowledge of, and it is all there for the taking. The search box is on the top right of this page!

• geraldsima
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2009 7:45 PM

I have been playing now for about a month and I can tell you that you must practice, practice and then practice some more. Much depends on your computer being able to handle the full CPU usage as I found out.  Now that I have my computer set right I am finally seeing an improvement in my scores.

• BigKam
    11 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2013 3:10 PM

No cheating just practice. You have to get into the game and play alot. Like i have periods were I play everyday for a couple hours weeks straight but then I take breaks for a couple weeks then back at it again. Just practice. Equipment does make a difference just not as much as one would think though. Equipment doesn't make you go from 80 to 61

RSS