Re: Putting question

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 14 2016 2:04 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 1:17 PM

CEverett12:
    Do you remove the flag when you are within 50 yards ?

You remove it when you think you have a chance to make the shot or when  there's water nearby.  Ever since Tiger did his thing at the Masters I've had 2 darts to pins hit the stick and go swimming.  I guess WGT thought that was some more realism for the game. LOL

p.s., The stat is in your awards. Click the tab on your profile.

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Tue, Jun 14 2016 2:04 PM

hakman123:

CEverett12:

I have more than 2000 rounds and I think I hit the flag two times ,,  The chances are very slim ...........

Interesting!  Your stats say you have hit the flagstick 172 times.  A bit more than 2.

The point is that a ball that may have gone into the hole with the flagstick removed - might actually hit the flag and stay out - the flag sort of blocks the hole in some cases. Very disappointing to have a slow roll up to the pin then get a loud clunk and the ball bounces back 2 inches.

Worse still is when the ball hits the flag at speed, especially on the way down before bouncing, and ricochets back and off the green - as per the Tiger example can be into water, rough, bunkers or even OOB costing you a ball.

Then there is the famous WTF bounces where the ball hits at some weird angle and takes a ridiculous bounce off the flag and disappears into the distance over 200 yds away - never to be seen again.

So - the moral of the story is that if you think you can reach the flag - remove it. You can always put it back in again after hitting the shot so you can see where the hole is on the screen during the flight of the ball (putting the flag back again is for visual purposes only and the ball will now not hit the flag).

Happy Hacking

2 + 170, maybe the new math.

• PAGES
RSS