Help › Forums

Re: PUTT PREVIEW IS NOT GOLF

Fri, Sep 23 2016 8:49 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 11:11 AM

YankeeJim:

They have that in the mobile version and as an avatar-move golfer, I think it's really helpful. That's just a strength thing, though, doesn't help anything else.

Well it does show the break pretty well but as it is only in practice mode it's not going to help a lot

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 11:16 AM

borntobesting:
    only in practice mode it's not going to help a lot

It sure would if it was available here. Can you imagine how easy it would be to learn dot speeds and how they affect breaks with a tool like that?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2016 1:14 PM

I tested putt preview over and over numerous times in practice mode and I concluded that it was pretty useless after all.

The problem is even if you ding a putt with exactly the same power & direction in the idectical position & condition, the result varies due to the margin of error your putter has. The greater the distance is, the worse accuracy gets. (Duh!...)

In my case, I needed a function like putt preview mostly for longer putts over 13-14 feet. But if you still can't make it in the hole 100% even after hitting it exactly the same way as the preview showed, what's the use of it?

Some people might argue that it's still useful to study breaks & dot speed, but you know what?... When you've been playing long enough, your eyes can tell you pretty much the same thing the putt preview does.

So for me, putt preview is futile.

• thadiesel0
    138 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2016 1:42 PM

Ok so is head to head match play with friends consider practice rds ? Because its available for that !!!

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2016 8:49 PM

thadiesel0:

Ok so is head to head match play with friends consider practice rds ? Because its available for that !!!

Yes actually head to head which is stroke play by the way not match play is played in practice mode. So most things that are available in practice mode are available in head to head. 

• PAGES
RSS