Help › Forums

Re: Back to school 1848

Wed, Sep 6 2017 3:12 PM (24 replies)
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Sep 5 2017 6:56 PM

Joe, 

All I can say to your last post is well said Sir.  One final point: 

My quote "Hey Joe where you goin'..." is actually a reference to the other title for the song.   Not a comment on your pastime.  Enjoyment in life is different things to different people.  Think how regimented life would be if we all had to have the same interests.  And how crowded.

Enjoy yours to your hearts content my friend.

Jeff

• blindpugh
    433 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2017 12:46 PM

phred952:

blindpugh:

Does it really matter ?

\@@/

Nope.  Just a sideshow.  Nothing to see hear, sonny.  Please just move along.

I guess you meant see here, sonny and after no thought  at all I'll just stay where I am.

• blindpugh
    433 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2017 12:52 PM

Sorry to take so long to reply,but I was in the toilet and I can only deal with one schit at a time. Vescere bracis meis.

\@@/

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2017 1:11 PM

On " matter ", i made the comment to a friend of mine once who had a demonstrably devil may care attitude, that whereas most people come equipped with a certain amount of gray matter, he was issued a full complement of " don't matter ". It served him well in the brief time he was with us, as he was always the go to guy for a great time, living larger than life, and it endeared him to a great many people. Unfortunately, as they say, " the flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long " and he decided to shuffle off this mortal coil at the ripe old age of 27. Sometimes, you just gotta hate it when it turns out you were right. RIP m'friend, " Norf ", you are fondly remembered.

Doc :)

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Sep 6 2017 3:12 PM

blindpugh:

Sorry to take so long to reply,but I was in the toilet and I can only deal with one schit at a time. Vescere bracis meis.

\@@/

I am sorry for the use of the word "Sonny".  Upon reflection I can see how it came across as condescending, and that wasn't my intention.  I meant it in the same way a carnival barker might say something to get the crowd moving down the road.

As to your Latin phrase, Ay Caramba!  Noli habere bovis, vir

Peace dude.

RSS