Help › Forums

Re: Why do people disconnect

Mon, Jun 20 2011 5:26 AM (27 replies)
  • Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2011 3:40 PM

piztaker:

renniw52:

If the guys in Ireland and England don't want to play then stay the hell off, I'm tired of your trash mouth and disconnects, either man up and play or play with yourself. This has been hell tonight. I apologize to the real ones of ya, I'm half Irish myself, but good gracious guys play the game for what it is, a game, be nice or go to bed. No bad intentions to anyone, just the bad apples.

I'm sorry you've had problems with Brits, for me 9 times out of ten if someone quits or is abusive then they are from the USA. Just coincidence I suppose.

I have found the Aussies are the worst. Just kidding of course ;)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2011 4:17 PM

I have found that Aussies, Kiwis, Brits, Euros....  mostly a joy to have a game with... Americans, too.

I think that the largest part of the population of WGT is from the US, therefore you are going to find more quitters flying the Stars and Stripes... but it's just the law of averages.

People are going to quit.  That is a fact.  There is nothing that you, me, WGT or Interpol can do to stop it.  You just have to get used to it and not let it ruin your game or your day.

Build a friends list, join an offsite group, join a CC and play with people you know if it bothers you that much.

After all, at the end of the day, this is just a game.

Deal with it like an adult.

Peace

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2011 7:36 PM

Snaike:
    ROFLMAO .... you think, Hoss, that with the millions of people playing this game that someone at WGT sits at their computer and fecks around with your game??

Oh yes they do, I can attest to it.

Was -7 going into #9 at CCC, easy birdie hole right?  Naw..wound up with par on it.  Just knew WGTfeckman was sitting there laughing his butt off.

Took a break...figured he'd need a snack soon ya know..most of those types of guys live off the vending machine...came back before he got to his station and was able to shoot -6 on the back nine.  

Now if WGTfeckman woulndn't have been watching me on the front nine, I know I cuold have posted a 57 instead.

Bastawds they are.

• Wooddale
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 19 2011 8:55 PM

i've noticed that it's mainly the Masters that quit...after one or two bad shots they're out.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2011 12:55 AM

bad masters bad.

tbe

• akabeppe
    15 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2011 5:10 AM

Well what wonderful threar and thanks for your comments.  The conspiracy theories made me laugh. Last night i was in yet another 4 bour that turned 2 ball after several hole but i enjoyed the company of the player who stayed. We, as with other i have befriended, will be playing again. Yes. There are connection problems...we all have them...but the people who disappear cos they have dropped a shot have no place in my time.

Im off to try my new clubs now...bought a driver, putter, faiway wood and some balls. Only about $20 the lot..let's see if i can play better....LOL....see you all on the WGT course..

• JimNazium
    5 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2011 5:26 AM

I don't know if extensive studies have been performed in this regard, but I would say in my playing experience the quitters-disconnects might fall into these percentages:

65%  -  Rage Quit   -can't handle not living up to lofty expectaions

10%  - Bad internet connection -  sucks, but it's happened to me plenty of times

10 % -  Wife is talking your ear off and you just can't multi-task without getting in trouble

10 % -  Boss is coming,  baby wakes up, cat puking on new sneakers, strip-o-gram arrives at your front door,  wife comes home and you haven't cut the grass yet.......

5 %  -  Player is just too drunk to continue and disconnects prior to passing out

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2011 6:50 AM

Snaike:

After all, at the end of the day, this is just a game.

Deal with it like an adult.

Peace

Agreed,  

I actually laugh now when someone leaves a game , kinda play a game with myself trying to guess who will quit first out of the group when I decide to play with a group of randoms.

Only time quitting/disconnecting  bothers me now, is when it is during an Alt shot match.   

RSS