Help › Forums

Re: I recommend "pulling the Flagstick"

Sat, May 12 2018 11:46 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • borntobesting
    9,681 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2018 6:48 PM

YankeeJim:

You get 25,000 points for hitting the stick in Blitz. Don't know if those count in the stats, though. Also, there are times you want to hit that pin so you leave it in, like on a pitch or chip from rough around the green.

And many of the top players hit flagsticks are actually hole outs. I got my Kiawah Island hit all flag stick award on a pitch in eagle several years ago. And I have only had 2 or 3 unlucky flag stick hits while I have had my butt saved many more times hitting the stick on a shot that would have gone way over the green had it missed the stick. 

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2018 8:12 PM

alosso:
    Here, more than in real golf, the balls are deflected from the sticks, partly in an unbelievable manner. Shots from 100 yds out may caroom off 200 yds or more, ending up from off the green to drained in water to far OOB. We can avoid it easily by pulling the flagsticks on any shot which might end on the green, from 220+ yds out.

I have had some crazy deflected shots when hitting the Flagstick, but nothing like my recent experience on Royal St. George's 18th Hole. A 132yd approach shot. Hit the Flagstick and ricocheted to the left, out of the Golf Course, across the road, and over the roof of the house.

• DoctorLarry
    4,302 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2018 11:46 AM

alanti:
    alcaucin:
    SoCalJim23:
    ....I play with .99 cent sleeves or each ball is only about 33 cents each.

Think you'll find they are EXACTLY 33 cents each. ;-)

That really depends on how creative your accountant is.

Well, of course.  Since I count WGT golf as an exercise - which is recommended by my Doctor, I have to work it out in light of the IRS rules for rounding numbers on my return.

Not that I am a penny pincher - just "frugal, ya' know.

• PAGES
RSS