Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tiger Woods Pga Tour Online

Thu, Nov 5 2009 9:38 AM (96 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 8:32 AM

It's all in the imagination, Crusty. A temporary escape from whatever ails you.

YJ

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 8:32 AM

Crusty56:
    What in the world do you find realistic about a two dimensional static image on a computer screen?

The far more realistic scores and user stats, and the difficulty of playing sub-par rounds here on WGT, as opposed to Snaike's scratching his ear and talking to his dog while scoring albatrosses on TWO upon his first visit. Please let's stop obfuscating this crucial difference in terms of approximation to reality, and the other difference of WGT being free-to-play, but the other game (in future) not.

• rogerdade
    10 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 8:50 AM

Car dealerships are free to walk into, and you can test drive all the models if you like.  How 'commendable' of them!

Bottom line is that if you really want to get anything out of it, you have to buy one of those cars.  Hence why the term 'free' is so commonly used in business strategies.  Once you step behind the wheel, the hope is that you'll get hooked and buy.  In fact, the very survival of any corporation depends upon it.  My brother in law is right, we're talking business 101 here, so enough with the condescending comments to the contrary.

Giving blind loyalties to corporate interests that refer to its patrons as 'consumers'  is your prerogative, but it is not how I operate. I'll play whatever games I enjoy, but none of them have my "loyalty".  I reserve that distinction for people, not business.

• Crusty56
    136 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 8:55 AM

Faterson:

Crusty56:
    What in the world do you find realistic about a two dimensional static image on a computer screen?

The far more realistic scores and user stats, and the difficulty of playing sub-par rounds here on WGT, as opposed to Snaike's scratching his ear and talking to his dog while scoring albatrosses on TWO upon his first visit. Please let's stop obfuscating this crucial difference in terms of approximation to reality, and the other difference of WGT being free-to-play, but the other game (in future) not.

Since the inclusion of some of these new clubs, this game, too has its players with unrealistic scores, and scoring averages, not to mention driving averages that only two or three world class pros can meet. It's a  fun time waster, but far from realistic.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 8:58 AM

Thanks Rog.

I suggest this thread end.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 9:26 AM

rogerdade:
    Car dealerships are free to walk into, and you can test drive all the models if you like.

Not true, and a totally false analogy. I cannot walk into a car dealership every day, around the clock, and get a free ride for an unlimited time. They would kick me out on the sidwalk on day 2 or 3.

rogerdade:
    Bottom line is that if you really want to get anything out of it, you have to buy one of those cars.

Which is very different from this golf game. If all you wish to have is fun from playing a virtual golf game, and if you're not obsessed by winning prizes and whatnot, you can simply play this game for free forever.

rogerdade:
    My brother in law is right.

Ah, yes. That helps explain the bias, at least.    Sorry, I'm no leftist ideologue, seeing a vile corporate capitalist hiding behind every bush.

Crusty56:
    It's a fun time waster, but far from realistic.

No one said it was completely realistic. All that people are saying is that WGT is far more realistic than TWO, so let's not obfuscate that important difference.

(This has all already been beaten to death in that earlier TWO-related thread that got locked, so let's not start it all over again.)

• STUDIOSHD
    180 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 9:38 AM

Thats it Guys I'm getting this Thread locked or removed. Its has turned into a pointless disscussion based on opions that will never end.

The Mods need to lock or delete this thread as soon as possible.

RSS