Help › Forums

Re: New online Golf game coming 2012

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 18 2011 4:08 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2011 2:29 PM

From your profile, I have to tell you WAIT till you turn master. When I did EVERY club dynamic changed. lost distance and accuracy. Now it's hit it as perfect as possible and hope it's true and sticks near where I aim. You'll find out soon enough.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 6:55 AM

esssy:

i could say the truth but i wont lol you work it out your half way there

vem no

WHAT?!?!?!

How about using some of these ( , . " ; : ! )

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 7:04 AM

swdeva:
    I looked at the screen shots, looks like a cartoon to me. No comparison to WGT.

Agreed,,,,,the only thing I seen that looks cool is the driving range

Hp

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 7:25 AM

Then there's the matter of the download, something you have to do to play it. That makes it different from WGT. You'll only be able to play it wherever you downloaded it, not just anywhere like WGT.

IDK about hacking it but if there's something on your computer you need to play it, I would  imagine there's an opportunity for some enterprising type to alter it.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 7:41 AM

YankeeJim:
    Then there's the matter of the download, something you have to do to play it. That makes it different from WGT. 

You'll only be able to play it wherever you downloaded it, not just anywhere like WGT.

That would make for an interesting new thread and discussion YJ.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 7:59 AM

Topcat488:
     not only sunny skies with very fast greens (but rain or the occasional swaying of trees or blades of grass)
    Just a question for Andyson , Jim , maybe Icon as well ...anyway , I remember Niv talking about these types of enhancements , and does my memory serve me correctly Niv stating  that these things use / drain massive amounts of resources , likely making the playability even more cumbersome/ unsteady..ish ?

Ace  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 8:43 AM

andyson:
    That would make for an interesting new thread and discussion YJ.

Heh-You'd have to care first. ;-)

@ Ace-I remember Niv touching on that back when but more than that I remember Icon pointing out that to add weather here they would have to use CGI additions to HD renderings and that goes against the realism.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2011 8:54 AM

Ace, I think you're right, someone did mention something about using alot of resources to animate weather.  

I'm not an expert at Flash programming.  It appears though a rain effect in Flash could use a lot of CPU resources.  Much like the moving dots on WGT's greens.  That's why we all turn off the dots when we're using the meter!

This little rain animation ,  when being viewed, uses an additional 10 to 15% of my CPU resources in the flash plug-in.  I'd expect a similar increase in the WGT game if rain were added.  Then add some more CPU usage for tree animation due to wind.  I think we'd all be turning off the weather for a smoother meter.

But who knows, think of the avatars with rain gear WGT could sell!

• swdeva
    238 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2011 4:08 AM

You are right andyson,rain animation would use more CPU usage. Am happy with clear days.

• PAGES
RSS