Re: Quitters

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 4 2011 12:11 PM (37 replies)
  • DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 8:03 PM

Oldstir:

BartMania:

Just had a quitter.  Am I allowed to post the culprit's name or is that against the rules?

Esssy is correct.  There has always been to many whiners about "quitting" but it is also Everyone's right to quit whenever they want without explanation.  So better get used to it because probably 99% of all members quit over 95% of their games?  That's how you keep your average low.  But you'll probably catch on eventually? :)  Who cares anyway?  It's only a video game.  Just click and play another one.

BS. Complete and utter BS.

People like you that have this way of thinking are morons.

And by the way Einstein, even if I go shoot 25 rounds in the 90s my average stays the same. IMO the ones who quit because they screw up a shot or miss a putt are the same ones who quit on everything they've ever done in real life when the going gets tough. It's called character.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2011 5:16 AM

Oldstir:

Everyone's right to quit whenever they want without explanation Who cares anyway?        It's only a video game.  Just click and play another one.

That's fine if you're playing with yourself Oldstir..as I'm sure you do.

But can't you see that in a multi-player game that it's rude and without honour,because then,there is a real person at the other end of the line who has invested their time and energy to play with you..surely a result,a denouement,even a winner and a loser isn't too much too ask for,lol!

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2011 7:58 AM

DarSum:

Oldstir:

BartMania:

Just had a quitter.  Am I allowed to post the culprit's name or is that against the rules?

Esssy is correct.  There has always been to many whiners about "quitting" but it is also Everyone's right to quit whenever they want without explanation.  So better get used to it because probably 99% of all members quit over 95% of their games?  That's how you keep your average low.  But you'll probably catch on eventually? :)  Who cares anyway?  It's only a video game.  Just click and play another one.

BS. Complete and utter BS.

People like you that have this way of thinking are morons.

And by the way Einstein, even if I go shoot 25 rounds in the 90s my average stays the same. IMO the ones who quit because they screw up a shot or miss a putt are the same ones who quit on everything they've ever done in real life when the going gets tough. It's called character.

DarSum is 100% correct.

As for esssay and Donko's argument, stop crying esssay. And stop posting broken links in the forum, your pictures aren't showing up.

• kmarline21
    442 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2011 8:28 AM

well I quit a AS match last night cuz my parter was a complete Jerk but win or lose I try to finnish every game   come to think of it I should not have quit I should have just messed up every shot till he quit LOL anyway always going to have quiters and 99.9 % of the players have done so @ one time or another if your not having fun dont play ist a game

• Lashe
    824 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2011 11:21 AM

Oldstir:

99% of all members quit over 95% of their games

kmarline21:

99.9 % of the players have done so

Would love to see the sources where you come up with your fantastical statistics.

Yes, people that quit the game and leave others hanging suck.  Its been stated ad nauseam.  Here's a helpful tip to reduce the risk of it happening to you:

Make some friends, join a Country Club and befriend the members there.  Then, play those people that you are friends with rather than randoms.  I think  know the stats of people quitting on you will be vastly reduced if you do these things. 

And, if you choose to continue to play with randoms than you should expect that you are going to have people quit on you. 

Hit Well, Have Fun!

Lashe

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2011 12:11 PM

Oldstir:

99% of all members quit over 95% of their games

kmarline21:

99.9 % of the players have done so

I AM the 0.1% or the 1.0%!!!

I have never quit any kind of Multi-player game! 

I have on a very few occasions had my internet connection go wacko and I even once FORFEITED a skins game (and the credits), BUT I HAVE EVER QUIT or disconnected on purpose.

It is frustrating when a player quits but it going to happen so just deal with it.

RSS