Forums

Help › Forums

Quitters

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 4 2011 12:11 PM (37 replies)
  • Midoh
    200 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 10:50 AM

My take on "quitting". (Not that it matters.) I have been playing this game alone for quite sometime. I had no problems with connection loss whatsoever. I recently got my brother to join, The first 3 or 4 games we played, at some point during the game, I would get a message telling me that there was a problem with Internet Explorers connection & that it was going to terminate the connection to the game. It was disturbing but I knew my brother would understand. I then got an invite from a nice gentleman in New Zealand. On the ninth hole I was disconnected with the dreaded "Explorer" message. Needless to say, I was quite embarrassed. After reading all the negative comments about quitting I immediately went to his profile page & issued an apology and explanation. I have since downloaded Google Chrome & turn LOOP off before playing ( don't know how or if this helps but someone on here suggested it & I thought it could'nt hurt.) I have not had one incident in several games. My point is, I, no doubt , would have been branded a "quitter", thru no fault of my own, had I not done this. I'm sure many quit out of frustration & embarrassment, but not all. ~ Jon

• Donko58
    183 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 12:10 PM

esssy:

BartMania:

Just had a quitter.  Am I allowed to post the culprit's name or is that against the rules?

boring remove this post to many quitting post boring

My advice to you esssy is that if you see a thread titled " Quitters " just don't read it.....Doesn't take a genius to figure that out....Duh !!

• StellaGroove
    15 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 12:40 PM

"So better get used to it because probably 99% of all members quit over 95% of their games?  That's how you keep your average low."

Where's the honor in this phrase. So, people could care less about the frustration it causes others just so they can keep their average low. Lame excuse for being rude. Finish a game even if you are 10 down....I'll respect that more than anything. I am not part of the "99"% .....well, other than the actual 99% that works my butt off for low pay and no med benifits.......but that's just a side note :-P

• Donko58
    183 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 1:04 PM

esssy:

Donko58:

esssy:

BartMania:

Just had a quitter.  Am I allowed to post the culprit's name or is that against the rules?

My advice to you esssy is that if you see a thread titled " Quitters " just don't read it.....Doesn't take a genius to figure that out....Duh !!

stop being a cry baby 

The only one crying here is you !! You can't seriously think that you can tell people what they can and cannot post.  I was only suggesting that if these posts bother you so much then why waste your time reading or replying to them. 

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 4:49 PM

esssy:

Donko58:

esssy:

Donko58:

esssy:

BartMania:

stop being a cry baby 

The only one crying here is you !! You can't seriously think that you can tell people what they can and cannot post.  I was only suggesting that if these posts bother you so much then why waste your time reading or replying to them. 

now your being silly im not saying you can not post anything that will be stupid of me im saying there are so MANY QUITTING POSTS OUT THERE AND SEEMS NO ONE WILL FIND JUST THE ONE QUITTING POSTS AND WRITE ON THERE but no theres 3 new qutting posts every week 

Like the man said....If you don't like it, don't read them. Your childish comments about those complaining are just as bad if not worse. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with bytching about quitters as it does affect the amount of EXP we get during said games.

• slillico
    393 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 5:15 PM

I make a post on their wall, this is golf, there is some history and etiquette to this game, a-holes that disconnect and quit on purpose, and it is obvious, causing us to wait the 5 minutes should be called out.

RSS