Help › Forums

Re: Respect amongst all players

Thu, Jun 27 2024 5:14 AM (24 replies)
  • BlackBogey
    350 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2024 5:18 PM

SamSpayed:

BlackBogey:
    I'd say you are extremely far from invincible.  In fact I'd be surprised if you weren't getting your butt handed to you by Masters and TMs on a more or less regular basis with those stats.

Jay, I think Chad understands that he's not the best player.  But I think his point is not that he's losing to TMs... it's the disrespect they're showing him when they beat him - presumably in chat.

I think he has a good point.  There's no need for anyone to be rude to other players, even if you beat one who's at a higher tier.

Understood.  And looking back I see it came off as more an attack on Chad than a good reply to his concern, which I apologize for Chad.

As to the players being rude or making off-color comments in the game chat, I mean I think most reasonable people would agree that is uncalled for.  But it is what it is, and you just have to be thick-skinned and learn to either brush it off, or as I do use it as motivation to beat them (provided it happens early in the match and continues). 

Just this morning in Shanghai I had someone calling me quite a few choice words for my pace of play.  You've played with me a few times and I think would agree I'm not a slow play problem.  In the end I just ignored it, slowed down my routine a little more than normal (purposely just to piss him off even more), then beat him in the end. 

• moto176
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2024 4:53 AM

I agree 100 % with your comments. Fortunately they are a minority, most are great to play against 

• Squatch031
    186 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2024 12:05 PM

This all brings up another good point.  Why does WGT have to review every comment before posting?  Do they have the time for this?  It is obviously not working if some are making it through.  I assume a lot of the nasty stuff is getting through via chat.  Are they afraid someone's feeling may get hurt?  Oh well.

• carl2798
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2024 9:28 AM

Heck I’ve Been beat by a Amateur but he has a Avg of 56.4 and he has really good clubs and balls but he is really good I think my head to head with him is 2-5 he beat me 5 times I’ve played since 2018 and my game is good I’ve beat some of better players in the Game this Amateur player is a lil cocky but not disrespectful but I would just block players as they Disrespect let your game do the talking Carl2798 from Buds n Suds old group 

• BrianCheese
    44 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2024 5:14 AM

Squatch031:

This all brings up another good point.  Why does WGT have to review every comment before posting?  Do they have the time for this?  It is obviously not working if some are making it through.  I assume a lot of the nasty stuff is getting through via chat.  Are they afraid someone's feeling may get hurt?  Oh well.

Apparently it's to do with 'moderation' and posting enough comments/posts for them to deem you worthy of not being checked. Some people get taken off moderation very quickly, others - like myself - seem to be destined to remain moderated until hell freezes over. My suspicions (and others) is that at times I have been critical of wgt and therefore I'm far more of a 'threat' to them than someone abusing another player.

Even this thread has seen some really passive aggressive attacks (albeit a misunderstanding) that was allowed, but I know of at least three posts I've made in recent weeks that have never appeared - no guesses who I was criticising.

Some people tell me that moderated posts are not really moderated, they're just put through an 'allowed' algorithm and providing they don't have swearing or 'aggressive' accusations (at other players or wgt) they will eventually appear after an unspecified amount of time.

RSS