Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Deleting old friends

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 24 2024 3:48 AM (21 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,207 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2024 6:10 AM

Thanks Lesley, suffice to say it's well messed up.

Maya, if you decide to block your unwanted friends to remove them from your profile page, I have made a list of the 491 members names on your profile pages, which might make it a little easier to drag and drop them into the block players page to remove them. Let me know if you want the list.

• HamdenPro
    2,430 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2024 3:26 PM

bossbird:
    For mobile users if they had been added on the app , and removed on the web page they remained showing as friends on the app. What I don’t know is if that is just an historic issue or if it remains. 

Deleting friends via online pages does not remove their profile picture from your online profile (friend's list), but it does remove them.

In order to delete both the individual(s), and their profile pic (from the online page), you have to remove them via the app.

• ScottHope
    10,207 Posts
    Wed, Jun 19 2024 12:23 AM

sportsup:
    It's true my profile page still has all my ex-friends' photos, but in game, I can now actually see all 93 of my friends. so thanks again.

Okay Maya, no problem.  ; )

• MioKontic
    4,614 Posts
    Wed, Jun 19 2024 6:35 AM

HamdenPro:
    Deleting friends via online pages does not remove their profile picture from your online profile (friend's list), but it does remove them.

HP - are you sure it actually removes them from the list?  I've tried deleting 'friends' via the webpage, but as you say, their profile picture remains.  So I've gone back into their profile... and there's still a button to 'Remove Friend' rather than 'Add Friend'.  I've also tried going to their profile by serching them rather than clicking on their profile picture on my profile page, but i still get the same.  I'm not so sure that it does actually remove them.  I can't now remember if I have tried deleting a friend from the app and whether they remained on the webpage.

What gets me is that adding a friend from the app adds it to the webpage too, and vice versa, but deleting friends doesn't work both ways.  I've also seen less friends showing on the webpage in the Friends section than the number showing at the top of the page!

Once again, WGT's left hand not having a clue what the right hand is doing!

• HamdenPro
    2,430 Posts
    Wed, Jun 19 2024 6:12 PM

MioKontic:
    HP - are you sure it actually removes them from the list?

Yes, I am sure, but only if you delete them using the app (only). If you try deleting them via the webpages, they are removed as friends (as can be verified on the app) but they still appear on your profile page and, yes, if you go to their page, it still has the "remove friend" option.

The only way to fix it, if you deleted from the webpage, would be to go into the app, add them as a friend, and then delete them (again) using the app.

The protocols reflect WGT at its finest.

EDIT: Sham, jump in if you have anything to add or correct.

• ScottHope
    10,207 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2024 12:11 AM

Sorry Steff, but I am with Mio on this. Maya has, I believe, removed hundreds of friends via the app, yet over four hundred pictures remain on her WGT.com profile.

• HamdenPro
    2,430 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2024 4:56 AM

ScottHope:
    Sorry Steff, but I am with Mio on this. Maya has, I believe, removed hundreds of friends via the app

No apologies needed, my comments were based on personal experience. I still have profile pics of members who I had deleted as friends. I attributed it to having tried to delete them via the webpage first, before deleting them via the app.

I wonder if Maya was, at first, deleting friends via the webpage.

• ScottHope
    10,207 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2024 6:28 AM

I can't say for certain how many friends Maya removed using WGT.com or the app. I guess we'd have to ask her.

• MioKontic
    4,614 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2024 11:00 AM

HamdenPro:
    The only way to fix it

It's not the only way.  The best way to fix it is for WGT to fix it in the code.  Ok, I take that back, they might fix the synchronisation of deleting friends, but they will break another hundred things in the process!

HamdenPro:
    Sham, jump in if you have anything to add

... like "we will fix the issue in the code".  Yeah, right after you've produced another 1000 bucket hats.

• sportsup
    277 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2024 3:28 AM

I tried removing 20 friends or so 1 by 1 from my profile page, but it wasn't remomving them. So then I did it in-game, where you can remove a lot at the same time, and that worked, but the ghosts of my departed friends still haunt my profile page. 🤬🤬🤬

RSS