Forums

Help › Forums

suggestion for difficult play

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 27 2024 2:51 PM (4 replies)
  • VinnyGoombotz
    328 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2024 10:17 AM

I have been playing for10 years and would like to  make this game more like real golf. That does not mean taking away the game we have now. But will add another way to play.You will be able to play both ways ,but a real golf player will like the new addition. Of course you will have to adjust as you see fit.   I got this idea from watching the U S OPEN. 1. Make the wind variable ,but not too extreme just a couple of miles per hour and let the direction vary ,again not extreme say between 1 and 3 or 4 and 6 etc.  2.  Add the uneven lie back into the game ,but not to the point that you cant hit it.  3. Take away the grids on both the approach and putting. replace them with a color system that shows the elevation and angles. Can only show the distance on all shots to the pin  from the  drive ,approach , and  putt. You can call this Real Golf or True Golf or anything you like .    This would be used for anyone who cares for the new chalenge and will have prizes like the game  has now.  Please consider all or some of these changes if decide to go along as you guys should be better at adding features than me  TY Vinny

• MioKontic
    4,617 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2024 1:58 PM

Huh?  Are you for real?

1)  The wind is already variable, both in speed and direction.  Always has been ever since the game was first developed, or at least in the 13+ years I have been playing.

2)  Uneven lies - won't happen, it's not coming back, they've already said that many times.

3)  So replace the dots, which show the slopes of the green, to something else which... shows the slopes of the green???  And as for only showing the distance to the pin and not to things on the fairway, how is that real golf?  We've had Stokesaver yardage charts for donkey's years, and more recently we have GPS on most courses around the world where you know the distance to anywhere on the hole.

Maybe you need a rethink of what you are asking for, because it really makes no sense.

• SamSpayed
    4,932 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2024 6:12 PM

VinnyGoombotz:
    1. Make the wind variable, but not too extreme just a couple of miles per hour and let the direction vary, again not extreme say between 1 and 3 or 4 and 6 etc.

WGT just recently added this capability for some of their own tournaments.  I think they do it now for what they consider to be their premier tournaments.  Maybe someday they will let the rest of us use it.

VinnyGoombotz:
    2.  Add the uneven lie back into the game, but not to the point that you can't hit it.

Like Mio said, WGT has already stated they're not going to do this.

VinnyGoombotz:
    3. Take away the grids on both the approach and putting. replace them with a color system that shows the elevation and angles. Can only show the distance on all shots to the pin from the drive, approach, and putt.

WGT already has a color system for the grids - red for downhill, blue for uphill, and black for flat.  They also have the Green View button, where you can see the angles and elevation (to some extent).  There is no way to 'force' someone to use or not use Green View, however.  It's each player's choice, as it should be.

• VinnyGoombotz
    328 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2024 7:11 PM

I never saw the wind dial move .once it is set for 12.00 it stays there . Im saying the wind dial should be constantly moving back and forth between 11 and 1 .  I think the uneven lies was a great idea.   The game is unrealistic as no one in real golf could shoot in the 50 s on  consistent basis .  I was just trying to give WGT a way to make the scoring  what it should be.   

• MioKontic
    4,617 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2024 2:51 PM

This isn't real golf, it's nothing more than mathematics, hence why players are scoring in the low 50's, and even in the 40's now!  And although even lies might have made it a little more difficult in it's early days, once people figured it out they once again started scoring in the 50's, so it made very little difference.  And the uneven lies were very unrealistic, nothing like real golf.

There would be only one way to increase scoring again, and that would be to get rid of all the high-spec clubs and balls.  But WGT won't do that because that's their main revenue stream.  And it's the lure of those low scores that makes people buy those high-spec clubs and balls.

RSS