Re: OK, Let's talk Swing Meter

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 3 2012 1:21 PM (33 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2012 12:01 PM

phiber:
    BTW HUGE Yanks fan here,

I just knew there was something about you.  ;-)

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2012 12:22 PM

phiber:

Thanks for all the imput.  I checked with my DSL provider and they say I have 6mbps dl speed, but when I checked it with 3 different 3rd party sites it clocked a lot slower than what Bellsouth said I had.

I have comcast I don't know if you can get that where you are but check my speed test results.

You can also test your speed here.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2012 1:07 PM

phiber:

YankeeJim:

That Tri you're swinging is a nice driver but that meter speed is a toughie compared to the R9 which is 2 yards longer. 2 yards might not seem like a big deal but that driver can hang with the R11 (which I suspect is what you'll wind up with in 8 more levels) and was easier to hit than the Tri. The R9 meter is supposedly the same but it doesn't accelerate the last third of the swing like that Tri does. The speed of the meter was more consistent. It was easier to get into a tempo with the R9.

Just rented the R9 L80 and you are right on target Yankee Jim.  Much better swing meter, not nearly as erratic.  Think that is the direction to go in for sure.  I am not so sure about the R11 L88, a friend that I know very well has one and he isn't that fired up about it.  Thanks for the tip

BTW HUGE Yanks fan here, have been since the 50's (yep, old fart here) started following the Yanks when I played Little League baseball in 54, been with them ever since, used to like the Bums too but we all know what happened to them. 

As you progress you will find that certain balls, WGT GS13's, Callaway's and the new Nike ball will all slow down the meter speed.  The GS13's are best, but suffer in other ways of performance.  They are also the cheapest.  I use them for all the rounds i play, except when it is a ranked, stroke game, or tournament where a good performance will lower (LOL) my average.  my nickle, hope it helps.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2012 1:21 PM

lee22sharon:
    you will find that certain balls, WGT GS13'

I think you may mean 'GI3-S'  balls?

any of the 'GI'  (Game Improvement) balls will slow the swing meter.

These are the first tier of WGT balls to have a 'feel' rating shown in 'dots' on the spec card.

Any balls with a feel rating slows the meter, the more feel rating, the slower the meter.

All the premium balls, Srixon, Callaways & Nike also have feel ratings.

Our club is currently doing comparisons on balls. Their duration Vs cost and effectiveness.

the GI3 - S & D balls so far have the best 'bang for buck'.

S = spin 

D = distance

RSS