Forums

Help › Forums

OK, Let's talk Swing Meter

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 3 2012 1:21 PM (33 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2011 11:46 AM

Your ISP is your connection to WGT. Loading and disconnect problems occur when there's trouble. Your meter is a direct result of your system's computing, not how the data is getting to WGT.  Something is getting in the way and going for more RAM may help it. Don't get your expectations too high because it may not be the solution. 

By way of example, if I play the game in the current version of Chrome, I get exactly what you're seeing. If I play in my older version of Comodo Dragon I get zero problems. That tells me my computer and current Flash versions don't get along. So I use the older version and everything is fine. IMO, something like that is where I think you'll fix your problem if the RAM doesn't.  GL

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2011 1:45 PM

Deff worth trying different browsers, and maybe older versions of Flash,,Any old Browser or flash can be located at OldApps.com,They have previous versions of almost anything,

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2011 1:58 PM

Minkywinkster:

One thing you can do to improve performance is press ctrl+alt+delete to open up your task manager, go to your processes to see what applications are running, from there you can right click on your chosen internet browser and set priority levels to your processor so you can give it higher priority for more smooth running

If you run gamebooster 3.1 you don't have to worry about what is running in the background. It turns off everything in windows that is not needed to play. and tweeked it makes for a very smooth meter and faster loading game.

One great thing about Comodo Dragon IMO is that they release updates regularly. And if Adobe updates flash Comodo releases an update for Dragon within days.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2011 6:46 PM

Lots of things to try thanks to all the great advice here.  I have already done most of them thanks to your input.  Tomorrow I will have a chat with Bell South if they are working and find out why I DL speed is so low when I pay for 6MBps, already have a friend that is going to bring some RAM by here tomorrow and try to take the RAM up to around 4 I think he said.  I went in to task manager and gave higher priority to the game/Comodo and that seemed to help quite a bit.  Wiht all the things I have done based on all the advice, its' going to be difficult to say what takes care of the problem but my guess is that getting the bandwidth up will do a lot.  Someone at BellSouth is going to have to tell me why I am paying for 6 and getting 1,.2???

I appreciate all they input from all of you, thanks a ton.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2011 7:26 PM

I use Chrome, Run Gamebooster 3 and have 186 friends...No probs with meter.... except when I have my profile page running.... when playing game make sure your profile page is closed.

-Roger

• bittydog
    623 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2011 7:30 PM

Hey phiber here's a couple things you can do right here in WGT that may help. First on the game screen, in the upper left corner click on "menu". then click on "game settings". Next click on the "advanced" tab. Now turn on "Background  Loading", and then click "save". Next start a game. When the game is loaded and running, "right click" on the game screen and on the pop-up menu un-check "loop". I know theses are little things but they do help and every little bit counts right? Hope you can get some use from these tips, Good luck.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2011 9:09 PM

YankeeJim:
    my computer and current Flash versions don't get along.

I mentioned the following before , but , the thread kinda' died out  and don't think many read it...Anyway ,  the last time my flash updated , which is now version  11.1.102.55... a message accompanied  the update. This had "never" happened before  btw.  It read , "This version of flash player is known to clash with realplayer. We advise you un-install realplayer OR disable it." So , I disabled my  realplayer and have had minimal problems.

It gets better...lol

For those using Chrome and do not know ,  open a new tab and type in   about:plugins. It will display all plugins and it is very simple to enable / disable. The reason I said it gets better is that while disabling realplayer , I discovered that I had 2 versions of flash enabled and running ,  so , I disabled the older version leaving only the newest enabled and have had virtually no problems since. ~~~~> Knocking on my wooden desk.  lol

Hope this helps someone ,                                                          Ace

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2011 10:27 PM

TheAceFactor:

YankeeJim:
    my computer and current Flash versions don't get along.

For those using Chrome and do not know ,  open a new tab and type in   about:plugins. It will display all plugins and it is very simple to enable / disable. The reason I said it gets better is that while disabling realplayer , I discovered that I had 2 versions of flash enabled and running ,  so , I disabled the older version leaving only the newest enabled and have had virtually no problems since. ~~~~> Knocking on my wooden desk.  lol

Hope this helps someone ,                                                          Ace

I had a bit of fun with flash last week.... I have 3 browsers, all used for different things, eg Chrome will be used for the golf game. 

I had to uninstall flash and found out everytime I started Chrome to install it...it was already there, but not installed for the other browsers. Which gets me to think, Chrome Auto loads the Latest version of flash if it's not there.

-Roger

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, Dec 25 2011 10:43 PM

mantis0014:
    Chrome Auto loads the Latest version of flash if it's not there

Yes it does...however , flash will have an update awaiting you when merely opening the desktop , before opening a browser. (at least mine does.)

Ace

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Dec 26 2011 12:16 AM

TheAceFactor:

mantis0014:
    Chrome Auto loads the Latest version of flash if it's not there

Yes it does...however , flash will have an update awaiting you when merely opening the desktop , before opening a browser. (at least mine does.)

Ace

Yes, mine does the same. I sometimes think Chrome has a mind of it's own...lol

RSS