Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Too many curse words used by WGT players.

Sat, Feb 25 2012 11:42 PM (49 replies)
  • leosidney
    13 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 7:50 AM

While golf undoubtedly needs Tiger Woods and his giant fanbase to return in order to help the PGA's bottom line, there's always been a network of golfers who haven't been particularly comfortable with the laungage he uses.

"I feel that he has not carried the same stature that other great players that have come along like Jack [Nicklaus], Arnold [Palmer], Byron Nelson, the Hogans, in the sense that there was language and club throwing on the golf course," Watson said. "You can grant that of a young person that has not been out here for a while. But I think he needs to clean up his act and show the respect for the game that other people before him have shown."   .......Tom Watson

• Jay71man
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 12:02 PM

When someone uses cuss words they look stupid and childish and if that is how they want to protray them selves then let them. I don't mind seeing one or two in a game but if the person is real bad I turn the chat off. But for the most part people are pritty good about the language they use.

• golfinpi
    4 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 3:03 PM

I totally agree that the language in a good money match is a little more animated than in a sunday family recreation foursome.    Its winter now, and too cold for me to take my foul mouth out on the real course.  Won't be to much longer though.  Just be glad my speaker is not enabled.

• Acrux
    393 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2012 3:14 PM

Lastpost:

May I add fishing to the list of appropriate occasions?

i have done quite a bit of that in the past,,,use to love using the penn reel,, now anyone who knows that reel ,,,will know that its a real bi**h when it gets all tangled up,,,at which point ur screaming to ur mate to help u out cause the fu**er is gonna get away....lol   bad words in fishing too

right then    ...how is everybody getting along with their muckin feter,,,keep an eye on it

• gatordee
    281 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2012 6:34 PM

Maybe I am just lucky but very seldom have I experienced profanity on here. Usually just letters like chit, dayum, or ff's. Turn of the chat and just let them know you are doing so and why. 

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 7:16 AM

lol just turn off chat and don't look at it. words are only as harmful as you let them be. it happens

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 10:16 AM

Acrux:
    bad words in fishing too

Tell the fish if they are offended by your language it could be a lot worse for them.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 2:26 PM

I believe it was ''Voltaire'' who once said '' Anything too stupid or obscene to be spoken is sung.'' 

Any-one for a sing-a-long!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mel1950

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 11:17 PM

leosidney:

There are too many players using curse words on the chat comments!!! It's really not necessary. Players need to have a greater respect for others.

Duh, ya think? :)  What a dumb idea to have an Open Wall concept!  Hilariously juvenile.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 11:42 PM

zagraniczniak:

Acrux:
    bad words in fishing too

Tell the fish if they are offended by your language it could be a lot worse for them.

No, it's not the plaice to be carping on.

RSS