Forums

Help › Forums

Too many curse words used by WGT players.

Sat, Feb 25 2012 11:42 PM (49 replies)
  • Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Fri, Jan 13 2012 3:45 PM

jimmassie:

I always thought the game of golf was a gentlemen's (& Ladies) game, maybe I have the wrong concept of it, your quote was not very nice and I will be praying for you, regards.

I guess you never played your buddies on sat morning for $5 bucks a hole. Ain't nothing gentle about that game. Your gonna hear some fine cussing there and they sure as hell won't need no praying going on. :-))

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Jan 13 2012 5:05 PM

Freedom of speech, a lot of people have died to protect this. Being totally obnoxious is not necessary, or down right nasty and rude. The occasional WTH, WTF, BS, or in my case, damn my squirrel hide, is totally appropriate. Just my take on this.

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Fri, Jan 13 2012 6:09 PM

damn my squirrel hide......now were talking serious cussing...LMSHO

• jasonblair
    6 Posts
    Fri, Jan 13 2012 7:40 PM

i never type my curse words on the screen out of respect for other players beliefs but i let a few choice words run through my head after an errant shot.

i just know how it feels to have children watch when i play and don't want my little boys walking up and saying "Daddy, whats that word?"

All in all it never bothers me to see someone voice their frustration over a shot or lost ball. I do the same thing, whether it be virtual or real life. We all are, for the most part, adults. I'm sure we can handle the language

• billytiger
    25 Posts
    Sat, Jan 14 2012 7:01 AM

Booooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooo

please dont swear as it offends me,

haha grow up

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sat, Jan 14 2012 4:07 PM

Yes it is a gentle mens game,But that pertains to honesty and etiquette,

But by all means ,swear if you need to.

• gatordee
    281 Posts
    Sat, Jan 14 2012 4:23 PM

To be honest, I have played a ton of AS games and have not seen a lot of cursing. Every so often, you will get a player with a "potty" mouth but with all the people that play this game, you will run into a few that their personalitys will conflict with yours. Perhaps this will help you a bit. As soon as you read a bad word, tell them you are turning your chat off because of it. But you are not in church and your household cannot hear it. Do you cringe when you read them?? With all the personalitys on this game you may want to learn to bend a bit and be happy if you found  a game that you like and this is the only fault you can find. I say "find" because it looks as if you are trying to FIND something to ***  OOOOOPS!!!!!  My apology's.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Sun, Jan 15 2012 9:29 PM

leosidney:

There are too many players using curse words on the chat comments!!! It's really not necessary. Players need to have a greater respect for others.

I haven't found this to be much of a problem. I absolutely agree there is no place for cussing or swearing directed at another player. But, if someone blasts off after a bad shot or something, I think you either just let it go or close the chat window. I don't often use that kind of language, but it isn't my business to "parent" or correct a fellow player on his or her choice of syntax. If this is purporting to be "real" golf, I know I have heard many interesting words and phrases on a real golf course...

• adramforall
    194 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 5:46 AM

SHRUDE:

leosidney:
    players using curse words

You have to be 18yo to join WGT

time to grow up?

Go here for appropriate info to complain

You b'stard  I am the 2910240th to GFM

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Mon, Jan 16 2012 6:06 AM

SHRUDE:
    HAHAHAHA i'm worse out on the course but nobody can here you we all swear time to time 

leosidney:
    players using curse words

You have to be 18yo to join WGT

time to grow up?

Go here for appropriate info to complain

RSS