Re: UK Golfing Break Suggestions

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 11 2012 3:21 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 2:38 PM

adeypa:

DMochaman, don't think anyone removed your post, i also posted in the 'golf travels' section, think your post was in that one mate.

Think we've found one guys http://www.fingleglengolfhotel.co.uk/

Thanks for the replies gents, much appreciated.

you sure, look a little further up the A30 ( about 10 miles ) ashbury manor is vastly superior.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 2:50 PM

Ahh, then my sincerest apologies for the "dainty" and "ultra-sensitive" references.  And my mistake (I should know better) on UK.  Seems I always fall into the trap of Britian, England and UK being all the same.  Sorry, I'm aware there're several countries in the UK, Scotland being one of them.

Am sending a bottle of Laphroaig, from the isle of Islay, your way to make amends.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 3:21 PM

Be sure to let it pass by here. I'll contribute to the thread just to qualify because supply of good old Laphroig is always short here.

To the subject:

I liked Hawkstone Park very much. Two courses and a classy hotel, 13 miles north of Shrewsbury.

My last trip was to Sussex. Cowdray, Liphook and Hindhead are great courses, only a few miles apart. Add Littlehampton for some links fun!

Further east, Royal Ashdown Forest Golf Course is another favourite. Two top courses, one of them in the top 100 of Britain.

Enjoy!

• PAGES
RSS