Help › Forums

Re: So it's no big deal becoming Legend

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 11 2012 7:29 PM (26 replies)
  • Jolexi
    429 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2012 10:51 AM

YankeeJim:
    Under 61.0 gets you the nod and you're wrong about those G20s.
    OK well slowed down a little, not playing so many RGs, but down to 61.7 avg now .

I think my irons will be OK but figure I need a bigger driver for the longer holes and maybe upgrade my putter.....any suggestions?

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2012 9:39 PM

Jolexi:

I think my irons will be OK but figure I need a bigger driver for the longer holes and maybe upgrade my putter.....any suggestions?

Well, I made legend with the G10s that your clubs replaced and the irons were okay - but like you said I was wanting about 50 yards further for each tee shot.  You will notice some holes that you are used to hitting 5 or 6 iron now requires a 3 iron/hybrid or even a choked 3 wood.  The Level 83 G20 woods are great - but I wouldn't really recommend the irons because they lack the spin that the higher end irons have if you can handle a faster meter.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2012 11:01 PM

Jolexi:
    figure I need a bigger driver for the longer holes and maybe upgrade my putter.....any suggestions?

Get that R9 at level 80 when you get there. That will definitely take care of your distance issues off the tee-it can keep up with the R11 for the most part. 

With your putter, you have a good one now in that Ghost. If you're happy with it leave it alone. Change it when you think you've maxed your abilities with it. It will definitely handle Legend greens.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 6:27 AM

For the heck of it I've been playing practice rounds from the Big Boy tees. WOW what a difference it makes in the shots as well as how each course looks on the screen. St A I find amazing from the back. The whole course has a different feel and now I understand those little descriptions that pop up before each hole. I was wondering why I always hit past everything they said to avoid. Instead of waiting to reach the top tier I suggest to TM's close to the mark to begin playing practice rounds from the back. I've played all the courses 2-3  under par  with the range ball. Should be a real challenge when I get there to attempt to score as well as some of our elite Legends.

Much respect Boys and Girls, it's hard as hell. :)

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 12:34 PM

mkg335:
    You'll be shown the secret handshake

Ya, so what is it then? (made legend today!). LOL

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 1:30 PM

Congrats and kudos (see reply in other thread concerning the handshake).

• Tonto0206
    460 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 7:29 PM

what is a dribble glass and that other thing u mentioned.

I am just a thick taffy,, which could explain a lot.

RSS