Help › Forums

So it's no big deal becoming Legend

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 11 2012 7:29 PM (26 replies)
  • Tonto0206
    460 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2012 5:27 AM

So I realise after a few days.

You get 200 credits but not much else, no joining an exclusive club, or having offers thrown at you.

What i do realise is what I've read so many times, is that it will make you a better player, and I never understood that until now. 

Why, how, I will explain.

I used to romp around STA in 3 4 or 5 under standing on my head, now off the back tees it's a whole different world. You end up in places off the tee you ain't never seen before.

So how does that make you a better player, well, it's simple, you are playing more difficult shots more of the time, no easy wedges that actually fit ur club perfectly, u have to manufacture shots to make sure you get your par and be grateful when a birdie opportunity shows up, cos if you dont make that putt then you are going over par.

I don't know if I will enjoy it or not,but at least the average matters not, for the moment.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2012 5:58 AM

Tonto0206:

So I realise after a few days.

You get 200 credits but not much else, no joining an exclusive club, or having offers thrown at you.

What i do realise is what I've read so many times, is that it will make you a better player, and I never understood that until now. 

Why, how, I will explain.

I used to romp around STA in 3 4 or 5 under standing on my head, now off the back tees it's a whole different world. You end up in places off the tee you ain't never seen before.

So how does that make you a better player, well, it's simple, you are playing more difficult shots more of the time, no easy wedges that actually fit ur club perfectly, u have to manufacture shots to make sure you get your par and be grateful when a birdie opportunity shows up, cos if you dont make that putt then you are going over par.

I don't know if I will enjoy it or not,but at least the average matters not, for the moment.

Great post, it is a whole different world and one that you will grasp eventually. Congrats and don't let the early frustration bother you....

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2012 6:32 AM

SGTBilko:
    Congrats and don't let the early frustration bother you....

Ditto

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2012 6:34 AM

There's nothing like a Legend AS match. The peer pressure alone makes you pay attention to your p' and q's plus you really learn a lot. Welcome to the show!  :-D

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2012 6:35 AM

... and don't even look at your average for a month.

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2012 6:35 AM

hpurey:

SGTBilko:

Ditto

Same from me

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2012 6:54 AM

Steve442:

hpurey:

SGTBilko:

Ditto

Same from me

Triple ditto

• Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2012 7:34 AM

Quadruple ditto

By the way Tonto you did join an exclusive club, the LEGEND club, where there are no rule benders, sandbaggers or cheats. Being a member of this club allows you to be able to look in the mirror and see a person with integrity, who plays this game in the spirit for which it was designed, without fear of having your reputation as a player questioned for great scores that you might achieve. All in all the only club to be a member of.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 2:43 PM

piztaker:

... and don't even look at your average for a month.

LOL.....I haven't cared about my average since "The race for Legend"  thread ;-)

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 3:01 PM

I cared about mine, but the feeling was not mutual

Lizzie xx

RSS