Forums

Help › Forums

So it's no big deal becoming Legend

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 11 2012 7:29 PM (26 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 3:52 PM

Hang on everyone I'm coming. Well actually, I am just breathing hard right now, but I'm trying. Hope to see ya all soon.

• Romesco
    51 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 5:26 PM

Totally agree with what you said. Nothing special about it :( But, It's the true spirit us legends have that keeps the game in tact! I myself just made legend a few days ago, and am trying to get a feel for the new greens/tees! Best of luck, and congrats' to you!!! 

~Rom

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 1:17 AM
    So it's no big deal becoming Legend? ..... Not, it isn't.
  • Jolexi
    429 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 4:26 AM

Can I just ask what criteria is required to become Legend?

I'm L78 TM at moment avg 61.8 but not ready for Legend and I'm expecting it to happen pretty soon.

Trouble is the clubs I need are still locked and I just know I'm gonna struggle with my L59 G20s.

Don't wanna slow down and, in essence, start "sandbagging" but need to level up fast before it happens.

I think I hit it a bit too hard when I started, only been on here 3 months, and made master at L42 and TM at L64 but now have realised my mistake.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 1:06 PM

Jolexi:

Can I just ask what criteria is required to become Legend?

I'm L78 TM at moment avg 61.8

Under 61.0 gets you the nod and you're wrong about those G20s. They will handle Legend conditions just fine. Just shoot your game and when it gets good enough you will be where you're supposed to be.  :-)

• Squeezeman
    27 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 1:30 PM

Well said ihatecheats!

• TarheelsRule
    5,552 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 6:03 PM

Absolutely on point with this post.

I played a skins game today with a master and a tour pro.  Tour pro has been on the site since 2009, same as me.  Average of about 68 to 70.  Played the back nine at Kiawah, I should have known better, so he makes 7 birdies in 9 holes.  I birdied the par first par 3 for  a skin and missed a short birdie put on 18 to get one more.

Just to be clear, I birdied 5 holes in my round so I didn't play poorly, the other player made birdies on the 2 par five holes so he had no chance.  Sandbaggers at the legend level don't exist, you play from the same tees, with the same equipment, same green speed, etc.

Welcome the the only WGT club that matters, no baggers, no advantages, etc.  You will enjoy having to pound out 225 yard second shots and play par 3's from 245 yards and put on ice.  When you put together a great round of 58 you will be proud of it.

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 6:21 PM

TarheelsRule:
    Welcome the the only WGT club that matters, no baggers, no advantages, etc.

See you all there soon. I need to sit down and play 2 ranked rounds and find my way to the parking lot for good.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 6:44 PM

You'll be shown the secret handshake and toasted but I must warn you, it involves a joy buzzer and a dribble glass.

RSS