Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How can you shoot a 53 at BPB without cheating?

Thu, Sep 9 2010 9:38 AM (55 replies)
  • EarlB11
    3 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2010 10:30 PM

Newbie question, but how do you cheat?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2010 6:10 AM

You can't, Earl. There are some that think they can by using programs to do the math and clicking for you but WGT is all over any process you think you can use. This isn't like Zelda where cheat codes get you past levels of play. You have to do the thinking and you have to do the practice and then you get to deal with an inconsistent meter (sometimes) and alleged beasts and vemmies (search that for some interesting reading.) 

Trust that  the scores  you see are genuine efforts by hard working players having a great deal of fun. GL

• TarheelsRule
    5,554 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2010 9:25 AM
    When you see a score posting like a 53 on BPB, which is 17 under you immediately think that the player is cheating. However in many cases it is a player who plays a great deal and knows the courses much better than most of us. I just finished playing a tourney at BPB, I shot 64, which was a 30 on the front, easily could have been a 27, I missed 3 putts inside of 10 feet. I missed two short putts on the back side and hit it 5 feet on #15 and 3 putted from there, missed a short putt on #16 I think shock from 3 putting the previous hole. With a little better putting I could have shot 27 on the front and 30 on the back which would be 57 and I don't play the course that much. It is possible for sure to shot 53 if someone like me can have a good shot at 57 without that much knowledge or practice on that course. Still looking for my first 29 and getting to 63 on BPB, my problem is putting, I don't think most of the great players miss many 10 foot putts, and never 5 or 6 in a round.
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2010 10:24 AM

EarlB11:
    Newbie question, but how do you cheat?
    Earl... another way to cheat is to post only the best scores... this way they move up to amat - pro - master until they reach a level that they can't really compete at because they were in a hurry.

When they get frustrated enough, and wish that they had spent more time learning the game as opposed to racing to master, they may be tempted to open a 2nd account... thereby taking the skills that they already have and applying them against true 'newbs' in the Hack and Amat ranks.... and even to some extent in the Pro ranks...

This (multiple accounts) is cheating, it is against the rules, and will get all of their accounts banned with all monies spent and credits won forfieted.

This is, in my opinion, the absolute worst kind of cheater here in WGT.  We all know 3rd-party software programs are around and they don't work.  They may make one or two parts of the golf game happen with bot-like accuracy, but as stated above, there are many more decisions to be made with every shot you take.  The low-life scum who create multiple accounts to enter tourneys/challenges/etc are knowingly and purposefully choosing to LIE, CHEAT, and STEAL from participants on this site who work hard to get better at this game.

These SOBs should be hung from the neck until dead.... but, that's just my opinion and I'm not in power.... not yet, anyway.

Peace.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2010 10:36 AM

Snaike:
    These SOBs should be hung from the neck until dead....

Quit beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel.....................

• sykco
    106 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 9:38 AM

lmao....that was great and sooo true

RSS