Help › Forums

Quitters???

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 30 2012 10:44 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PCFRASER
    111 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 4:16 PM

Why do people quit a game when they are losing???

This is supposed to be a fun sport/website.

I have even seen people that have initially created the game end up quitting at some point when they are down.

Whether or not I create a game or join in on one, I would never be rude enough to leave regardless of what my score was.

Post your thoughts here. Thanks

Paul

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 4:33 PM

PCFRASER:
    Post your thoughts here

no please don't . .

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 5:00 PM

Ubiquitous!

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 5:11 PM

MioKontic:

Ubiquitous!

Tis indeed!

• RoboDave
    4 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2012 7:22 AM

Because they just don't get it....

or... the internet fails....

or.. Mommy just came home and dinners on the table in 10 minutes and they're too anti-social to even write that down in the chat box.......

or....... They're loser idiots.......

or.. but, I have connected with players that really are playing WGT as if it where just any other computer game that needs to be conquered. Hence, bad score = restart !!! Just like when you die playing ZELDA...........start again !

What actually gets to me is the chance most players give-up to get to know other people around the world. I love it when I can exchange a few words, via Chat, with what I think is a golf enthusiast. I talked with this fellow living on Guam a few games ago and I live in Germany. I mean, how cool is that.. There's nothing like a little chat during a round of real golf, why not virtual as well?

Robodave against:   ns, ty, np, thx, nb, yup..........

Oh well, like I said at the beginning, because they just don't get it ! ! !

• yurt131
    4 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2012 9:53 PM

What's worse is players who change their name

And claim they're a level 8 but shoots lights out against you in match play or skins.

&^%$*(^% posers, you know who you are. 

• RoboDave
    4 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 10:48 AM

Thank-you I almost always do. Especially when I'm out playing a round of Discgolf or staying in playing WGT or Tiger Woods 2004 on the PS2..

To you as well, have a great day....

....and I am chilled, by the way...

I was responding to the fellow who posted about why people quit in the middle of a game and that is irritating, right ?

• leosidney
    13 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 11:18 AM

I'm convinced that almost half of the players don't care about respect for others. I played someone earlier today that in the beginning said he hoped I wasn't a quitter. After I won the first three holes he stopped playing (probably hoping I would forfeit). How hypocritical !  It's so childish because we don't really know one anothers identity anyway so why be a quitter. WGT needs to penalize players who quit in some way. Those that respond in a negative way to this opinion are the quitters themselves.

• PAGES
RSS