Help › Forums

Thank You WgtIcon

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 25 2012 8:46 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2012 9:19 PM

Just a few weeks ago you Replied to one of my posts......

I replied to another post saying there is way too many Heavy Wind Wgt comps at the moment and you said thkx for the feedback, we will look into it.  Well just a week later there was a R/Go that started on Beth... Low Winds, Tourny Greens...

This is the result...

Ok... this is a great score fore me...  I was saying to Wgt that there Comps are way too friendly to the really good players to the game who know all the conditions like the back of their hand...

Change em to Low winds, Tourny Speed Greens... and it gives us lower end Plebs a chance.....

Thanks Icon... It won't be a winning score... but ya made me day to break the 60 in a R/Go and I don't care how many credits I get back... Just really happy with the score

-Roger

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2012 9:58 PM

Good on ya Roger!

• troyronaldson
    382 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2012 11:20 PM

well said roger i agree with the high wind comps,bit much. Otherwise fantastic score mate

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2012 11:23 PM

Thks Mb.  After the 4 birds at the start of the back9, I was getting a bit nervouse and my brain was a bit like cream cheese after that game. Just trying not to stuff up...lol

Still left a few gettable birds on the course, but on the other hand made some tricky 12ft putts for par.

Not whinging about the Heavy winds... but I noticed a few weeks back most of the comps was Heavy Winds and I had to say something. As I said... the same people will win the Tournys, but the easier conditions will give the rest of us a chance.

Cheers

Roger

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2012 11:25 PM

Thks Troy :)

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 3:24 AM

I used to dislike high wind comps.

Now I don't really mind them.

WgtIcon getting thanked................now there's a thing......poor guy's gonna choke on his coffee :)

tbe

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 3:55 AM

thebigeasy707:

I'm with you, nothing worse when a 62 at whistler will only get half credits back, but same score high wind and you can get your credits back at least and maybe a bit more.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 4:40 AM

Steve2golf:

thebigeasy707:

I'm with you, nothing worse when a 62 at whistler will only get half credits back, but same score high wind and you can get your credits back at least and maybe a bit more.

Somebody has to Thank Him Tbe...lol. He does a very good job.

I agree with both of you about the high winds, but when it comes to nearly all the comps with high winds... that's getting a bit much.

Today I was just really happy putting two nines together for a change and finally getting a great score in a Low Wind Tourny, which is rare. Rare to find a low wind comp...lol

-Roger

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 7:02 AM

mantis0014:

Somebody has to Thank Him Tbe...lol. He does a very good job.

yupps...he's very under rated.

if WGT was to offer me free clubs and nikes balls for doing the job i'd decline.

no way could i put up with all the torture.....even though i contribute to a lot of it at times...or used to.

tbe

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 8:19 AM

I feel the same way TBE.  Wouldn't want the job for any amount of clubs and/or Nikes.  Has to be a real headache. He does a good job of monitoring these forums and gets very little appreciation for it.    WTG  WGTIcon!!               Rock

• PAGES
RSS