Thu, Apr 26 2012 7:20 PM (7 replies)
  • oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 2:39 PM

ummmmmm so then....

normally i only use the starter balls

but hey, got all the equipment i need so.... ok then buy a few balls

still got some srixon left from months ago, but i'll try the callaways

i'll use the srixons 1st, as a comparison to the stater balls, yeah all right then, i give in, they do help a bit. 4 rounds of ok scores.

what about the callaways then, "there'll slow the meter even more"....

ummmmmmm...

pmsl, they lasted - 6 holes - on st andrews in low winds (april unlimited 18 hole)

you gotta laugh

1st one - 1st hole - 1st shot - metered onto wall of the burn on the right side, jump forward into the burn in front of the green

ok restart then

2nd ball - 1st hole - 1st shot - metered straight into the burn on the right

now i'm a bit miffed, but hey, restart again

got through the 1st, 2nd and 3rd hole at 2 under...

4th hole - metered right into the bush

i have only ever lost a starter ball once at st andrews, on the 17th - into the hotel.

you gotta ******** laugh

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 2:48 PM

oilyrag:
    what about the callaways
    oilyrag:
    normally i only use the starter balls

Premium balls tend to disappear at an increasing rate when WGT has no current promotions - and btw it's last round of new clubs (Rocketballz) wasn't a 'home run' like the G20's. Maybe they just need to make payroll the end of the month. I lost two Nikes already today - right after I bought two more sleeves. 

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 2:49 PM

You didn't notice that the Callaways have 5 dots of magnetism for water, rough and out of bounds?

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 3:44 PM

and just to make sure i'm not going a bit loopy...

let's go round the same tourney with the starter balls... just to check..

there's a surprise, no real problems apart from the putting

you gotta laugh

• D51nn3tt
    73 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 6:37 PM

I say stick with the Srixons

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 7:02 PM

oilyrag:

Not loopy at all.  The slower meter of the Callaways does 2 things... throws your timing off, especially if you're used to the starter balls.  Second ( and this may just be crazy thinking on my part).. the slower meter has an extra fraction of a second  for any kind of glitch to pop up.

If you want to upgrade balls from the starters, you really can't go wrong with the Tour SD's @ 65 cr/ sleeve... longer, decent spin, and zero feel - the same meter speed as the starters that you're used to.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 7:19 PM

jeffdos924:
    If you want to upgrade balls from the starters, you really can't go wrong with the Tour SD's @ 65 cr/ sleeve... longer, decent spin, and zero feel - the same meter speed as the starters that you're used to.

So true, I used to play on IE, made Legend with G10's and 99% starter balls, the "skipping/stuttering" of the meter was hardly noticeable, due to it's speed, when I won some Calys in a CC tourney, I gave them a spin, yes, meter was sloooow, but the skips were so profound, I started reading forums for help.

3 browsers later, Game Booster, Latency Fix, things have calmed down:)

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2012 7:20 PM

jeffdos924:

oilyrag:

Not loopy at all.  The slower meter of the Callaways does 2 things... throws your timing off, especially if you're used to the starter balls.  Second ( and this may just be crazy thinking on my part).. the slower meter has an extra fraction of a second  for any kind of glitch to pop up.

Yep. Also, premium balls have more spin; more spin = more deviation on mishits. 

RSS