Forums

Help › Forums

New York Yankees & Mariano Rivera

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 4 2012 8:23 PM (5 replies)
  • Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 2:19 PM

I am a HUGE Yankee fan. To see the greatest closer tear his ACL in his last season ever is so heartbreaking. I almost wanted to cry. He skipped possible retirement to come back and show the Yankee fans some love. All of a sudden, SNAP! There goes his ACL. Why did they have him shagging fly balls in the first place? You will be greatly missed Mariano.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 2:54 PM

Shagging fly balls was part of Mo's exercise regimen for 18 years. He dreamed of playing centerfeild just one inning before he retired.This was an absolute freak accident and has really cast a pall over the Yankees and their fans. Everybody knew the end was coming to a close someday but not this way. No winter to get used to the idea, no warning, no nothing-just POOF, you're done Mo.

The Yankees are resilient and will overcome this in time but it will be hard knowing that the 9th inning is now no longer automatic. No more Sandman blasting when THE real Sandman enters the game to put batters to sleep. No more cutters sawing bats off. No more Mo-time. 

Thank you Mariano Rivera for some great times and thrills. You will be missed and I hope the Yankees use this as an inspiration to honor you as they move on without you. You will be sorely missed.  :-(

On a higher note, Andy Petite is pitching here Sunday in his last start before heading to the majors. Everything happens for a reason............

*Edit-Holy Macaroni, Batman, look at this..........

Kansas City -- Mariano Rivera isn't ready for this to be "Exit Sandman."

"I'm coming back," Rivera said. "Write it down, in big letters. I'm not going out like this."

Rivera said that he plans to make a full recovery and pitch for the Yankees again in 2013, when he will be 43 years old.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 3:17 PM

The Sandman can't be defeated. Thank you GOD for making miracles hit the Yankees right in the head.

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 5:27 PM

A Huge competitor, nobody of his caliber should go out like this.........truly hope he makes it back.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 7:23 PM

Even tho I hate the Yankees (Jeter I dont)

It would suck to go out that way

Buena suerte Mariano

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, May 4 2012 8:23 PM

I'm glad Mariano has confidence in himself. He is very excited about returning for the 2013 season when he will be a whopping 43 years old!

RSS