Forums

Help › Forums

Ever get booted because you were using upscale equipment?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 29 2010 5:30 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • NormH3
    214 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 1:45 PM

Something odd happened too me the other evening and just curious if there is a mindset out there. I connected to 3 other individuals for a multi-player and after all the players were ready, there was a long wait for tee off. One of the users left and then the host asked  Anyone using upscale clubs? Upscale may not have been the term, but you get the drift. The other guy replied "Not me" and before I could answer "Yes" I was kicked by the host. Just curious if this is something that has happened to others.

This was a standard stroke play round, with no payouts involved.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 1:52 PM

I have seen it before.

As a matter of fact, there was an individual (who since has been banned entirely from WGT for being atrociously ignorant and combatitive) who would challenge anyone, even the current Masters, to come play him using the standard 'free' clubs.

He would go so far as to call the upgrades "Cheating".

Folks like this are hypercompetitive and really not worth the time to sit and play 9 with.

Personally, I would want to see how the upgraded clubs reacted in case I was in the mood to get some myself.... but that's just me...

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 2:07 PM

No, I haven't.

But I tend to avoid playing random games with any tier below Master (due to green speed defaulting to my speed).

And quite frankly, screw people who think this way.   I worked hard to earn those fancy clubs in my bag.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 2:33 PM

marioh:
    And quite frankly, screw people who think this way.   I worked hard to earn those fancy clubs in my bag.

Amen!  Preach it, brother marioh!

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 3:00 PM

marioh:

No, I haven't.

But I tend to avoid playing random games with any tier below Master (due to green speed defaulting to my speed).

I believe we played the other night at SA...maybe not.

I don't mind playing the Masters with the faster greens. I figure it's the only way I might get a little better.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 3:12 PM

marioh:

I do not understand why "masters" using the upgrades would want to play lowly players like myself who use regs. Seems to me that someone is looking for an easy win.

I am sure you have worked hard for your clubs, and I work hard to feed my children

• Amaethon
    1 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 4:00 PM

And some of the masters paid for their clubs, but either way, take it easy.

I wouldn't mind playing a 'master' and there are a LOT of people out there, even RL, that play for the fun of playing, regardless of what tier their opponents are at.

Mind you, it would be nice if there was a 'demo' for the upgrade clubs so that us lowly peons could actually try them out to see the difference and see what clubs suit our playstyles...

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 4:21 PM

x1524807:
    I do not understand why "masters" using the upgrades would want to play lowly players like myself who use regs. Seems to me that someone is looking for an easy win.

I am sure you have worked hard for your clubs, and I work hard to feed my children

It's not about the win girly.  There are no winners in a stroke play match only MP or MPC.

Someone like Mario would probably enter in a match with someone of lesser ability due to a charitable nature of passing along advice for you to improve your game.  Besides conversation, he would get nothing out of it except helping you.

And when said he worked hard for his clubs because he earned his credits through Ready-Go tournaments.  He had a minimal initial investment and kept building his earnings.  It take a little time and patience, especially when just starting out.  So, he put in a lot of time and "worked hard" on here.  It has nothing to do with your children.

LOL, I do believe you totally misinterpreted his post. :)

• Alton99
    9 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 4:28 PM
    What is the big deal about playing against a Hack, Amatuer, Pro or Master? You have to tee off and reach the green and then putt the ball into the hole. If you land in the rough and bogey the hole, it is only the fault of the one swinging the club. If you challenge a master, then play the game at there green speed. The wind will blow on anyone's back, that is the only thing that is not pickey. If someone wished to purchase clubs or balls, great, play with the equipment you bring to the course. Starter equipment remains a challenge for any player. Thank you.....
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 4:58 PM

OaktheToke:

x1524807:

It's not about the win girly.  There are no winners in a stroke play match only MP or MPC.

Someone like Mario would probably enter in a match with someone of lesser ability due to a charitable nature of passing along advice for you to improve your game.  Besides conversation, he would get nothing out of it except helping you.

And when said he worked hard for his clubs because he earned his credits through Ready-Go tournaments.  He had a minimal initial investment and kept building his earnings.  It take a little time and patience, especially when just starting out.  So, he put in a lot of time and "worked hard" on here.  It has nothing to do with your children.

LOL, I do believe you totally misinterpreted his post. :)

That pretty much sums it up, thanks.

And to add, I also play for the fun of playing along with meeting new players.   This is, after all, a game.   And if I have a nice round, maybe that random person I shot a round with will think that if I can shoot that well, then he/she can as well.  And perhaps even prevent a thread or two here complaining about how people must be cheating when they shoot in the high 20's.

NormH3:

I believe we played the other night at SA...maybe not.

I don't mind playing the Masters with the faster greens. I figure it's the only way I might get a little better.

I believe we did shoot a round. 

I like to shoot rounds with players of all skill levels and meet new people.   The only reason why I avoid joining games with lower tier players now is due to the silly notion that just by me joining a multi player stroke game, somehow the greens have to be my speed and not the host green speed.   I've requested that this be changed by WGT, so we'll have to see what happens.    Now, if the host of the game is in the Master tier, then I'll join regardless of tier level of the other players.

• PAGES
RSS