Forums

Help › Forums

Your "PUTTING TIPS"

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 7 2012 2:27 PM (9 replies)
  • BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 11:37 AM

Hello to ALL "WGT members".......I'm sure there have been previous threads posted about PUTTING issues, tips, problems, etc.  But, I wanted to start this thread about "PUTTING".

I would be VERY INTERESTED to read what other WGT members have to suggest about how to "improve PUTTING".  I think we ALL know.....from watching Pros in the PGA & LPGA on TV.....from playing "real golf" ourselves...and from playing "virtual golf" here on this WGT website.....that, IF we can't PUTT well, we can't get those low scores.

Just seems to ME.....that those PROS at the top of the Leaderboards are up there, because, they're on top of their putting game.

So, ANY putting tips, suggestions, ideas, techniques that you are willing to offer....I feel, would be appreciated by ALL "WGT members".  Tips & suggestions from members who have achieved that "LEGEND TIER" would be especially helpful.....you guys have been down a very LONG road and definitely know your way around those WGT greens.

Thanks!

Bob

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 11:53 AM

First thing to remember Bob, don't do what I do. This is good advice.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 11:57 AM

3 years ago when I started I knew putting is where the difference would be. It's always the hardest thing with golf games and this is no exception. I picked up on Nivlac's avatar move thread (Putting Tips) then and it's the only way I have ever putted. Slow meter, very few skips/stalls and easy to jump from green speed to green speed.  :-)

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 11:58 AM

Consistent distance is key.  It  eliminates 3 putts and if you have consistent speed it makes it easier to learn the breaks.

I print off the chart so at a glance know how hard to hit my putt.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/80998.aspx?PageIndex=1

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 12:03 PM

Move the marker to the BACK of the hole, after moving it to and fro to gauge the incline.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 12:08 PM

Bob... go have lunch and a beer... then go look in the back of your locker.  I put something there to help your putting.  No, it is not a Putter Pal.

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 12:13 PM

Doublemochaman:

Bob... go have lunch and a beer... then go look in the back of your locker.  I put something there to help your putting.  No, it is not a Putter Pal.

Vn gift Doublemochaman

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 1:55 PM

James..........SUPER NICE of you to "gift" me that GREAT PUTTER!!!  Thank You so much!  I just now tried it out on a couple of different greens........it's FANTASTIC!  Your "golfing expertise" & advise.....as well as the various clubs you have generously gifted me have been a BIG reason I made it to the "Master Tier".  Thank you, my friend.

Best Regards,

Bob

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 2:09 PM

Well Bob... just remember, I work for WGT so now we've got that hook all the way in.  ;)

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Mon, May 7 2012 2:27 PM

OK James..........you got me LAUGHING pretty hard on that one!  Geeezzzzzzz.  Yeah, I'm hooked but good NOW!  Totally addicted to WGT golf......my drug of choice.....ha!

However.........................my girl friend just asked me:  "But, Bob.....is that WGT golf going to keep you nice & warm at night?".................geezzzzzzz.....LOL.

RSS