Forums

Help › Forums

FORMING A CREDITS BANK

Sun, May 13 2012 6:24 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • HonestKev
    33 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2012 3:43 PM

Hey guys I have a suggestion; many of the top players on here have amassed thousands and thousands of credits through tourney and game wins ( I suppose I'd be an average Legend but even I have over 17,000 credits in my account). If they want to spend them the WGT exchange rate is a little hefty lol; e.g. 165,000 credits let's see that's $1,650 which gets you a $250 Amazon gift card...a $1,400 profit for WGT. 

So my proposal is this; credit rich players can invest in a virtual bank enabling us lesser mortals to buy equipment, clubs balls etc. at a much reduced rate rather than having to buy credits to purchase equipment.

Here's an example of how it could work; you want a new driver and some Nike balls normally costing 2,600 credits ($26). But you make a PayPal payment of $15.60 to the virtual bank which is 60% of the real total. One of our bank's investors will then Gift you your equipment order i.e. your new driver and balls, the bank then sends our investor a PayPal payment of $13 (50%) keeping 10% for the bank. Our investor gets a 50% return for his credits rather than just approx 16.5% return from wgt.

You see I think even the threat that this could work will make WGT see sense and give us a realistic return for our credits. So what do you think guys?  

I'll set up a Facebook page for WGT Virtual Bank in case this post is scuppered by admin.

• MaSeVierBal
    157 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2012 4:20 PM

I like the idea of getting stuff from the ProShop at 60% of the price!

However, my concern is the administration of the Virtual Bank.  Who will have control over the funds in the bank?  What will the bank do with the "profit" it is making from these transactions?  How would we stop someone from disappearing with all of the bank's money?.  The transactions would also have to be manually verified and monitored, as I am sure the buyer wouldn't want to wait a week before getting what he ordered, and the investor wouldn't want to wait very long to get his 50%!

I am sure there was a scandal in Second Life, where a bank disappeared with all of it's investor's money, a number of years ago.  

You would have to convince the "credit rich" players that they will indeed get their payment once they've spent the credits, and the "credit poor" players that they aren't throwing their money down a black-hole.

But it isn't a bad idea, even if it only results in WGT adjusting their returns (not that I would hold my breath on that one, but one can hope!)

Regards,

MSVB

• Divot1971
    52 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2012 4:43 PM

I sell used cars and swamp land for a living but business is a little slow right now so i have time to hold the money for you. YOU CAN TRUST ME.

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2012 5:40 PM

Sounds like a good idea.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2012 6:35 PM

LMAO

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2012 7:39 PM

Any credible idea posted is usually laughed at by a small group that does nothing constructive but follows each other around  ridiculing other ideas that must be beyond their intelligence level.

That said, I agree with the person who states nothing is done to actually help.  Of course, this is my opinion only.

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2012 5:53 PM

Bump.... interesting idea I thought

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 5:16 PM

But no one else it seems

• PAGES
RSS