Forums

Help › Forums

new player

Thu, Apr 8 2010 1:22 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Killjoy1
    27 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 5:39 AM
    Hi everyone Let me just start by saying great game, been playing about 3 days only so still a newbie. if im online and available i will play, i like to finish my games but find alot of players disconnect all the time. I have met a couple of nice guys who ive added as friends had good games with them, i probably need to play alot more to find genuin players and not premadonnas lol. See you on the courses and gl to you all. Killjoy1 (Terry)
  • Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 11:06 AM

Hi K...Welcome.  Hope you enjoy your stay!  Be careful though...this thing is addicting.  If you have questions, don't hesitate to post it to the forums...there are always good people here willing to help.  And be sure to check out the Getting Started and FAQs over there------------>

Joey

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 11:38 AM

killjoy, this game will kill all your joy at times. Good luck and have some fun.

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 1:50 PM

Yup and welcome. You can depend on me to play to the end if we were to play each other.

Greg.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 1:50 PM

Killjoy... Head over to the ladders at www.wgtls.co.uk.  Everyone over there is genuine and noone is allowed to quit matches.

You'll make loads of friends and get some really good tips and pointers.

You might even have a good time!

Ciao.

• Killjoy1
    27 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 8:55 AM
    Hi Snaike, Thanks for sending the link to wgtls, just been and registered started having alook around checking rules etc went into the general discussion forum saw a post called HELLO started reading the guy posted a thread and started getting slated by another member. think i will stick to basic wgt i only play for fun, this ladder site seems abit heavy m8 thnx anyway Cheers Killjoy1 (Terry)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 12:34 PM

Killjoy1:
    saw a post called HELLO started reading the guy posted a thread and started getting slated by another member. think i will stick to basic wgt i only play for fun

Don't go by that, KJ-it really is fun over there. That forum is a little looser than this one but is really well moderated by several people. That post is definitely not the norm. In fact, there's a section of that forum that let's you complain about quitters when it happens to you. They absolutely do not stand for quitting and enforce it and they won't put up with forum nonsense. That particular thread was locked because the guy doing the slating was being a jerk.

Go to the Meet and Greet lobby and hang out for a while. You'll see.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 1:10 PM

YankeeJim:
    Go to the Meet and Greet lobby and hang out for a while. You'll see.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 1:12 PM

salamii:

killjoy, this game will kill all your joy at times. Good luck and have some fun.

LOL!! Yes it changes many times over from "Killjoy was here" to "Where is Killjoy?"

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 3:54 AM

Hi Terry and welcome to what I have found to be a friendly and welcoming community

Mick

• PAGES
RSS