Help › Forums

Yeh, another gripe! 4 min???

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 15 2012 12:31 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Timmytoastman
    567 Posts
    Sun, May 13 2012 3:22 PM

When your playing a game with other players and inevitably someone disconnects, No! Why does everyone have to wait 4 min.For that person not to come back???? Then you get back to the game and someone else dc's & you know! WTH? Maybe WGT should ineciate the 3 strikes rule like on WGTLS and penalize quitters!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, May 13 2012 3:30 PM

I think that 4 minutes is to allow the other person to re-connect if they were accidently disconnected due to technical problems.  Too bad the game can't recognize the quitters and just move on.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, May 13 2012 3:51 PM

Thought it was still 5 minutes?

• Timmytoastman
    567 Posts
    Sun, May 13 2012 4:00 PM

It may be! Either way it's too long!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 13 2012 6:23 PM

Timmytoastman:

Heh-it was 10 minutes when they first came out with it.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, May 13 2012 8:32 PM

Timmytoastman:

Personally I don't think so, if lose my connection and have to reset my modem and router, and that doesn't get me back on, I have to restart the laptop...takes me about 4 1/2 minutes to get through it if sober;)

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Mon, May 14 2012 7:50 AM

MBaggese:
    if sober;)

and that is? when?

lmao

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Mon, May 14 2012 10:16 AM

MBaggese:
    Personally I don't think so, if lose my connection and have to reset my modem and router, and that doesn't get me back on, I have to restart the laptop...takes me about 4 1/2 minutes

Totally agree MB, I've had to do the same thing a few times - reboot router, then if that doesn't work I then reboot laptop.  And that can/does take somewhere between 4-5 minutes.  Strange thing, though, is that before resetting the router all other internet-related things work fine, it's just WGT that fails.  In the past I've even been on Skype talking to people and have to tell them that I have to reset my router because WGT won't play ball... putting the blame on my router or internet connection when in reality the problem is only with WGT in some way or other.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, May 14 2012 3:17 PM

It takes me about 3mins to smoke a cigarette so i think 5mins is perfect (i gotta roll it 1st) :)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, May 14 2012 6:02 PM

Oh hell, if you have to be sober, then forget it. I never quit, it was a computer issue and I was too tipsy to figure it out. And that's the truthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

• PAGES
RSS