Forums

Help › Forums

1st hole royal st georges

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 31 2012 3:22 PM (3 replies)
  • jonesglyn
    28 Posts
    Mon, May 14 2012 11:36 AM

can anyone please tell me what club to take on the nearest to the hole challenge ..i constantly keep running through the green tks

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Mon, May 14 2012 3:06 PM

The question is not easy to answer because different clubs and balls will yield different results.  Personally I've never used starter clubs and balls for that CTTH (which is what you use), so the best advice I can give is keep trying.  A lot will depend on the wind too, and if you have a tail wind it may not be possible to stop a starter ball with starter clubs.

Use full backspin and see if that makes any difference.  Also, see where the ball lands and how far it runs.  If you are already landing it on the front of the green and the ball is running through, it may not be possible to get a better result with that combination of club/ball.

• jonesglyn
    28 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 10:29 AM

thanks for your time and reply it makes sense.i obviuosly need some credits and upgrade my clubs.although it may take time to amass the reqd free credits.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 3:22 PM

What Mio says is quite true so check your bag and you may find some wedges that you can use. But get yourself some better balls. They will make your life so much easier. :~))

Mel

RSS