Forums

Help › Forums

Level 67 Amateur?

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 17 2012 8:19 PM (25 replies)
  • PuttJennyPutt
    535 Posts
    Tue, May 15 2012 9:45 PM

I just played a guy that is Level 67 with an average of 64 and still an Amateur...how is this possible and is it cheating or not?....Just Curious

• scottishbloke
    1,277 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 3:14 AM

something to do with stroke play? not enough to increase his tiers i believe, that is what known as sandbagging.

• upinsmoketour
    342 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 4:42 AM

Yeah it means that person avoids playing RANKED ROUNDS . As only ranked rounds will move you up tiers you could be level 100 & still be a HACK if you just avoid RANKED ROUNDS otherwise known as SANDBAGGING !    SMOKE.

• Woodsonbergski
    51 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 8:28 AM

An amatuer would not even know how to avoid going up in tiers.  Why would you avoid tiering up? to cheat is the only thing I can imagine. WGT should ban this level 67 amatuer.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 12:55 PM

Wgt have put chocolate bars in the pro shop that will allow hacks/amatuers or anyone to level up to level 60 without even playing a round. Do you think they really care that someone is a level 67 amateur.

A hack could join wgt, level up to level 60, buy the G20 full set of clubs and go and shoot a ridiculously low round off the hack tee's and everyone would call him/her a cheat. Wgt let this happen so how can anyone call the player a cheat.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 12:58 PM

DAZZA501:

Wgt let this happen so how can anyone call the player a cheat.

Dazza, that is spot on!

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 1:04 PM

DAZZA501:

Wgt have put chocolate bars in the pro shop that will allow hacks/amatuers or anyone to level up to level 60 without even playing a round. Do you think they really care that someone is a level 67 amateur.

A hack could join wgt, level up to level 60, buy the G20 full set of clubs and go and shoot a ridiculously low round off the hack tee's and everyone would call him/her a cheat. Wgt let this happen so how can anyone call the player a cheat.

That's about it in a nutshell. All they are doing is what wgt set up.

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 1:25 PM

Absolutely right Dazza.

I have also noticed a lvl 95 Tour pro, that only seems to play MPC's, he has all the top equipment and seems to win quite a few of these MP matches. I can understand that not everyone will make it to tour master or Legend but if a player is good enough to play challenge matches for credits, surely they are good enough to tier up. Looking at his score history, it seems that he is quite capable of shooting 59's and 60's. (when he does actually play a ranked round)

WGT really needs to work out a formula to include MP results in the tier up process. This guys is quite obviously abusing the flaws in the system and knows that nothing will be done about it, at the same time he is hustling credits away from genuine tour pro's, masters, etc.

Anyway, let's see if anything comes of this....not holding my breathe. 

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 1:58 PM

A sandbagger is a SANDBAGGER! Doesn't matter how they got there, it's still SANDBAGGING!

Danny

RSS