Forums

Help › Forums

Lose The 30 Second Commercials

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 26 2015 10:20 PM (20 replies)
  • geeDub
    41 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 10:53 AM

Really REALLY annoying these half minute long commercials. You guys honestly need the extra income?  Ads don't work.  In fact,  if I could remember what they were about,  I wouldn't come close to buying anything they're selling...it's THAT crazy making!  C'mon....lose the long commercials or lose me.  Your choice.  

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 11:26 AM

Would you rather pay for the game?

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 11:27 AM

Get ready for the comebacks.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 11:37 AM

geeDub:
    Ads don't work.

I've pondered this in the past, and the reality is, they don't have to work. WGT is getting paid for the ad space. No one except the companies doing the advertising could careless if anyone bought an advertised product or not.

The video ads are paid by views in most cases. This is why they auto start.

Open a website, get millions of members, and anyone can roll in the $$$ selling ad space.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 12:16 PM

As someone in the advertising, television commercial creation field, I can tell you ads do work, if they're well designed and resonate with their target audience.  The :30 commercials, in part, help to finance this wonderful game.  Just like the ones on your TV help to finance "Dancing with the Stars", etc. Those sets, costumes and judges aren't free.

WGT might do a better job putting up ads that the individual viewer might better relate to.  They should mine all those surveys everyone takes!

• geeDub
    41 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 12:23 PM

I'm also in the advertising field and know full well the value of advertising.  This "half minute" long annoying crap is just that....annoying.  So,  my real *** is why not keep it to 10 seconds.  Oh, btw,  I did look at the latest annoying one....do they really think I'm going to go out and buy shredded wheat for breakfast the next time I'm at the store? The only thing I hate worse than shredded wheat is half minute long commercials on a game that's already making millions off of our virtual clubs,  balls and green fees on certain courses and tournaments.  

• geeDub
    41 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 12:15 PM

So,  since I know that no one can come between a company's efforts and a dollar bill....because the dollar will win just about 100% of the time....I've decided to go to the TW site and listen to the warm voice describing the different holes for 30 seconds and then come back and play when the shredded wheat ad is done.  :P

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 12:48 PM

See you back here tomorrow.  Send us a postcard...

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 1:11 PM

Quit if you don't like it. We've have hundreds complain about ads already. It gets old. If you look at that search bar over there and use it, you might find the thing you were looking for instead of having this worthless topic take up the front page. Point is, WGT has to make extra money somehow. If this is the way they want to do it, let them. It's only 30 seconds. GEEZ!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 1:20 PM

The ads help pay the way for free play. From what I can see, the ads are only in front of having to watch a game load up which is must worse than watching the advertising.

RSS