Forums

Help › Forums

AGAIN.........THE "LOST BALL" ISSUE!!!

Sun, May 20 2012 8:32 PM (5 replies)
  • BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2012 2:46 PM

I know, I know.....this is like "beating a DEAD HORSE"....but, it's really getting OLD!!!

Seems like when I buy an additional (6) balls to re-supply my golf bag.......oh, suddenly, I begin to make (supposedly, bad shots)....and lose balls in the WEEDS or WATER.  Sorry, but when there is MONEY involved.....I don't really believe in "COINCIDENCE".

WGT is making (without a doubt) MILLIONS of dollars........EVERY MONTH off of ADVERTISING.  The fact they are also making a TON of $$$ all of all of us WGT members on the cost of balls and golf equipment is ridiculous.  HOW MUCH $$$$$$$ do people really need.  WGT is also making money off this site in ways NONE of us could even imagine.....and I know, it's a business, but, come on!

I know.....don't like the site, QUIT.  But, it seems to me IF more and more WGT members would just stop thinking to themselves "OH WELL, THAT'S LIFE"......and letting WGT know that you feel that these LOST BALL issues are just a little too ODD to just be caused by BAD shots.  I feel I'm a pretty good player....I don't make many BAD shots.     I avoid the WEEDS, OUT OF BOUNDS and WATER HOLES like the plaque.

Reminds me of the STORY I learned as a CHILD....."The Golden Goose". You all remember that one.  The Golden Goose laid (1) golden egg each day.  Well, some men finally decided that they were tired of waiting an entire day to get that (1) Golden Egg.....those men wanted ALL of the GOLDEN EGGS.....now!!!  So, they cut open the Golden Goose to get ALL of the Golden Eggs........only to find there were ZERO Golden Eggs inside that Goose. 

How about WGT giving FREE BALLS to WGT members who accomplish various achievements.....and every month, doing a DISCOUNT for Callaway or Nike balls....just something to project a little more "fairness" in all of this......that would be a very KIND gesture!

Wonder if the OWNERS of WGT ever heard this STORY when they were growing up???

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2012 3:03 PM

Or better yet just take all the advanced balls out of the game and put everyone on a fair playing field with just a default ball.

I like what one person stated about purchasing a sponsorship . Making the sponors equipment the only kind available to them. I was sponosred in racquetball (a paid sponsorship by HEAD) and I could get replacement racquets , clothing gear etc etc as long as I paid the fee and played in X amount of tournies each year. Yeah it was paid but well worth it ! Oh and I looked cool too.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2012 3:42 PM

Lost 3 Nikes today :(

Bad day...

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2012 6:57 PM

Great ideas guys, but will never happen. If only half the members on here buy one sleeve a week, WGT is still making millions. That was their goal from the get go, and they have made it work very well. We are the cash flow, and will remain so.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2012 8:10 PM

pjctas0822:
    a paid sponsorship by HEAD

i got tennis racquet frames many moons ago, had to have em strung tho.

to the op, maybe try buying one sleeve instead of 2 and see what happens

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2012 8:32 PM

When I was sponsored player I could go to any Sports Authority and have it strung courtesy of HEAD as long as it was Head gauged strings ! FOR FREE ! Well with a paid sponsorship of course . I always came out ahead because if a racquet cracked  I would get a new 1 in 2 days and send the cracked 1 back no questions asked.

Some of the racquets I used were $225.00 bucks each ! My sponsorship only cost me $400 bucks. It included a bunch of clothes as well and a Tricked out warm up suit with my name on the back. All my HEAD shirts had my name as well. If you look good you feel good and you play good :)

RSS