Forums

Help › Forums

Practical Insults

Wed, May 23 2012 9:03 PM (34 replies)
  • chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 6:37 AM

Yeah, another issue that has been kicked around to death, but gotta add my 2 cents ..

i've played enough in groups to recognize a plonk by checkin out the comments & i've experienced and read about enough of these which got me thinking about how stupid some of these insults really are ..

Now, i may be from the dark continent but i know the lingo and nature of your typical, everyday insults being slung around from time to time .. these would include your typical generic ones such as:

- go f #$%@ urself

- go take a dump

- why don't u go play with urself

- go fly a kite

... to mention but a few

i've even been likened to the female reproductive organ once cause one player in our group "hates slow greens" & "slow greens are 'female reproductive organ' greens for 'female reproductive organ' players" .. needless to say we had some fun with this juvinile delinquent during the remainder of the game & all the other players in our group, including myself, had some degree of satisfaction reminding him throughout how he's whining like a girl .. surprisingly he didn't quit the game and saw it through, whilst bitching non-stop, which added to the fun and follow-up comments .. all of which were done in good taste without resorting to unintelligent insults i might add ..

Which brings me to the point of this thread: I SIMPLY DON'T GET MOST OF THESE INSULTS .. sure, they are meant to be insulting & lack any form of regard or respect for ur fellow player/s .. BUT FOR THE LIFE OF ME I DON'T GET WHY SOMEONE WOULD SUGGEST A FUN ACTIVITY AS AN INSULT ..

Dunno about anyone else out there, but to "fly a kite", "taking a dump" or "playin' with urself" certainly seem like fun activities to me .. so i fail to understand how they are meant to be insulting .. none of these activities have unpleasant outcomes .. if u'll pardon the pun.

Now, to "go f @#%$! urself" might seem like an unpleasant activity, but the logistics attached to such an endeavor makes it unattainable, to the best of my knowledge, so why even suggest it ?

May i humbly suggest that if you HAVE to throw around insults like a child, then at least make them practical and executable:

- go microwave ur credit card

-  go throw ur favourite pair of shoes into approaching traffic

- go tell the IRS guy to get a real job

(my appologies to the IRS folk out there, simply meant as a parody)

These are virtually guaranteed to yield "not-so-fun" outcomes & therefore better qualify as do-able insults without resorting to foul language ..

Any better suggestions are of course welcome ..

Regards to all the decent WGT players out there

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 7:08 AM

LOL...Very good stuff. I do have to agree, some of the rude , insulting remarks could be A LOT of fun...lol.

• rmchangin
    1,327 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 7:14 AM

You forgot a few, here's my 2 cents worth

did your parents have any kids that lived

if brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your nose

and finally

you are the poster child for birth control

thank you.... greg

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 7:22 AM

You'll fail when you try to take insults from the logical side, even more when they come from a different culture (no pun intended to anybody!)

Your practical insults miss an important thing: The derogative part.

"Play kids' games" or "leave us alone" has it, "burn your credit card" certainly not.

So, may I add two German examples?

"Geh sterben!" is being used equivalent to "get a life!" but literally it is "find a place to die" <shudder>.

The suggestion "zurückentwickeln und abtreiben" means regression in human development and abortion.

Two nice straight insults IMHO :)

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 7:40 AM

Good post indeed.

I for one think the forum is ia bit wayward and I would moderate differently. Especially if a person demeans someone and / or use explicits . Now we do have freedom of speech but using words more intelligently is a good way to go about it.

BTW Thanks for making the post ledgible for everyone to read properly . Some guy on here decides he would attack me because I told one guy to use the space bar . I didnt mean to be ugly but again Thank you .

Sincerely us older Blind People :)

Grip it n rip it .

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 8:22 AM

Gotta love the "go fly a kite" one.

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 8:42 AM

A simple yet effective riposte to any would be  'insulter' is a phrase I'm sure has variants in all languages to be found on wgt, but has a resounding tone to it when uttered in my own native tongue:

"Yer Maw!"

Works for me.

LOL

:O)

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 8:57 AM

YA BAW BAG!

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 9:06 AM

I always liked, "you are an excellent example of why some species eat their young"

you don't need to use foul language to insult someone. IMO using that kind of speech just shows how ignorant you are that you lack the proper vocabulary to express your self.

Danny 

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 9:09 AM

Lobsterboy:

YA BAW BAG!

YER MAW!

Too good an op' to showcase ye ole favourite being used -  apologies, Lobster.

:O)

RSS