Help › Forums

GAME BOOSTER ALERT

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 2 2012 11:39 AM (34 replies)
  • pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2012 2:28 PM

jimwade35:

ALSO,,, WHAT ABOUT WHEN IT ASKS IF YOU WANT BOOST TO MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR COMPUTER ?

If you want it to work you have to let it make changes.

People always remember when using a 3rd party software always back up your registry or create a system restore point before you install them.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2012 2:30 PM

jimwade35:

Hi Jas........... do you let the Advanced System Care install ?  What about the Uninstaller ? Does the Game Boost automatically kick in when in WGT ?

Jim

There are some games you can set up this software to run when the game is layunched.

But not for WGT. Just Launch game boost after your system is running and it will do all the work. The just run WGT as you usually do.

• jimwade35
    480 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2012 2:56 PM

Just to make sure i got it....... when i downloaded, I got short cuts to 1. Switch to Gaming Mode. 2. Advanced System Care 5. 3. Uninstaller and 4. Game Boost 3.... when you click on any a box appears that ask if you want the program to make changes to your system........... do i do all ?

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2012 3:59 PM

What you describe is Windows UAC or User Account Control. It is an annoying dialog box but it is there for your safety to let you know a program wants to make changes that require Administrator Privileges.

For Game Booster it's ok to "Just say YES"

Danny 

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2012 5:31 PM

jimwade35:

Just to make sure i got it....... when i downloaded, I got short cuts to 1. Switch to Gaming Mode. 2. Advanced System Care 5. 3. Uninstaller and 4. Game Boost 3.... when you click on any a box appears that ask if you want the program to make changes to your system........... do i do all ?

Jim, Yes. Be advised just use the Deep scan/Clean for Advance sys 3 . If you want a proper registry cleaner download and install CCleaner. I only use adv sys care for deep scan feature and the game boost 3 for stopping services when gaming.

I use CCleaner for cookie cleaning,cache etc etc....

Oh the Adv Sys Care defrag program works awesome also. If your not real comfortable or computer savvy do not attempt to use the advance feature in Adv Sys Care 3.

Email me if you have any issues at all . I wont charge ya :)

pjctas0822@yahoo.com

Happy tuning !

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2012 6:43 PM

well i'll be dipped !!

just downloaded it .. actually works ... can't remember when last i had such smooth gameplay .. massive diffirence .. thx for grt post !

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 1:54 AM

creamer444:
    no thanks mate its a heep of rubish

For those who know how to turn off intrusive windows services, how to reduce programs starting with windows, it is certainly superflous software.

For those who dont know much abut pc's in general it is a help for WGT.

HOWEVER.. dont try anything too advanced within this program if you dont know what you're doing

• xtabent
    2,281 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 2:35 AM

I started with Gamebooster about 2 months ago..

I does give a smoother meter 90% of the time for me.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Jun 27 2012 4:21 PM

bump as the free version is gone on Sunday

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Thu, Jun 28 2012 7:20 AM

Tx...I may try this. 

RSS