Forums

Help › Forums

Question Regarding the "Community Spotlight"

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 28 2011 4:33 PM (9 replies)
  • Trackterror03
    105 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 3:08 AM

Is there a way to see if myself or another player has ever been featured in the Community Spotlight"?

I've never seen myself yet, lol.

Just curious...

Trackterror03

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 10:32 AM

Hi Track,

Unfortunately there is no backlog for the community spotlight.  It chooses folks randomly from the top 10 positions in each tier (best scoring avg) right now.  If you become a top player in your tier you might just see yourself there one day. =)

• JulioMoot
    76 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 12:34 PM

WGTniv:
    top 10 positions in each tier

how can you find ur position if possible?

ty JM

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 12:50 PM

As of now you can't.  We used to list top average scores on the homepage instead of Career Earnings, but it promoted unfinished rounds so we changed it to try and draw the primary focus away from scoring averages.  The community spotlight is currently a holdover from that older system and will probably be tweaked a little later on.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 4:17 PM

That is a very good point about the quitting thing but as a new player it would have been really nice to be able to search players by average (was trying to see which clubs all the low scoring players were using). 

Hopefully it will be a search option in the future. 

As a side note, I think the search feature is not working properly.  When I am on the WGT Players page and enter in "Tibbets" for example, good old Tibbets does not come up but a few others do.  I have noticed this with many other players also so the search is NOT finding all the players for some reason.

• JulioMoot
    76 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 3:04 AM

jayjonbeach:
    (was trying to see which clubs all the low scoring players were using).

( made master with starters at mainly Bethrage)

: )   without quilting,or quitting, thnx to St Andrews, i've made the community spotlight!

Julio( Anthony)Moot...  mmm Jessica

• JulioMoot
    76 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 3:37 AM

JulioMoot:
    , i've made the community spotlight!

oh c'mon, that was shorter than a wet dream :(

cough,cough   JM   (lets get it on JA)

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 6:37 AM

jayjonbeach:
    As a side note, I think the search feature is not working properly.  When I am on the WGT Players page and enter in "Tibbets" for example, good old Tibbets does not come up but a few others do.  I have noticed this with many other players also so the search is NOT finding all the players for some reason.
    The reason is probably because Tibbets requested to have his account disabled when he 'retired' from the site.  His profile still exists, but you cannot search it. 

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 4:16 PM

Thanks Lee.  There was a couple of players too so maybe they also had their accounts de-activated that would explain it.

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2011 4:33 PM

I'm replying to a year and a half old post.

Can't get to someone's profile page?  You could find someone that has him as a friend or haas commented on his page. Neither of which is all that easy to do  OR  go to the "SEARCH" box over there  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -> and insert the name you're looking for.  Every post that person made or is mentioned in will pop  up for you.  Just remember if they've been deactivated it was for a reason.  Respect it.

As far as the Community Spotlight... no tweaking so far.  You've got a player ATM  with 2 ranked rounds in her tier and hasn't played for over 2 months.  Not that I'll ever be highlighted or deserve to be. but a Spotlight should be on an active player not something random the computer spits out.

RSS