Forums

Help › Forums

mission impossible

Sat, May 26 2012 5:35 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • russellie
    668 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 6:42 AM

WGT    please explain how a 105 wedge shot  can travel 144 against a 19mph wind ???????

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 6:45 AM

Also for the last 3 days have been playing against a 19 to 21 wind every game and I thought this was random !!

No wonder I struggle to get my 5 unders.

• nyctc7
    160 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 7:28 AM

As a newcomer and having experienced this I read up on a few posts about these "deviations", you are not alone. I'd say it is a fairly hot topic!

I think it is to represent that in real life a nicely executed shot can still go awry (but awry doesn't necessarily mean way, way, way, off, I think that is the argument).  

About heavy winds in every game, try clearing your cache, both temp. internet files (browser) and adobe flash player:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 7:36 AM

I agree nyctc7.

Skulling a shot with a wedge is quite common. Russ, you may have barely missed ding.

• scottishbloke
    1,277 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 7:39 AM

had the same on st andrews yesterday.120 yards to pin hit 130 in to a 19mp head wind.no spin ball went 20 yards past? beats me.

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 7:58 AM

O.K guys look at my scores I have been playing St Andies since day 1-  a couple of hundred if not more times !!!! and this is my main course 90% of play. I know every hump & Bump and little quirk  like the back of my hand.   (as for clearing cache forget it.)  also when I miss the ding its my fault entirely. but when I hit it then I hit it. it's not sour grapes just a fact that the error of margin is getting way out of hand. we all know about the margin of error!!!!!! I have just got through my 5th sleeve of balls all for 3 x 5 unders. very expensive. If the wind say's 15 mph please make sure it is.

Please wgt have a good old clean up and do some real maintenence. it's getting way beyond a joke now.

Thanks

Russ 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 8:48 AM

russellie:

WGT    please explain how a 105 wedge shot  can travel 144 against a 19mph wind ???????

Which hole was it?

Maybe #2 approach off the hill?

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 9:15 AM

St andies 3rd ,    left with 105 to hole       19mph wind against dead centre       played 115 wedge touch top spin to push it a yard  (usualy drops it  2 yards from pin  3 at most)   regular birdie chance. if I'd shanked it it would have gone left or right. this just flew !!!!!!!!   from 2 up to par. no justice.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 11:13 AM

Heck, that hole doesn't even give much roll out.

Ya done got snookered there!

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2012 11:35 AM

These forums are turning into crying sessions over shots which were thought to be "great" shots.  I don't know about you guys (I honestly don't see many women complaining so I will keep it at guys) but every time I take a shot I line it up... pick my club... move the meter to the distance I think it needs to go.. try to hit ding/slight miss into the wind and watch where it goes.  I always think I did it right but sometimes they don't end up exactly where I wanted it go to.  I don't cry about it.. I try to hit my putt or put my chip/pitch close and move on.  I don't feel bad for any of you guys because we all deal with the same conditions.  Some overcome it, some learn from it, and some cry about it.  I guess those that cry about it like to have sympathy and write about it on the forums.  

I'll refer all of those that are offended to my post yesterday... you may be suffering from BWS... seek medical attention within 24 hours.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/105724.aspx

:-)

• PAGES
RSS