Forums

Help › Forums

meter

Sat, Apr 24 2010 9:42 AM (60 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 9:57 AM

matafact,

good to hear your troubles are dissipating, hopefully you are on the right track to a solution. I think RIchard has hit on the key to the majority of the meter issues, and agree that it would be wise for WGT to partner with Adobe if they have no intentions of overhauling the current flash meter configuration.

The only other thing I can think of for you to try, is to remove every other machine from the network while you run the game, just in case it is a case either hardware or bandwidth performance that is rearing its ugly head during the high demand times of the meter click. I'm sure you have noticed the incredible cpu load that occurs during this event, and even though bandwidth is not supposed to be an issue until after the click, with that many machines on the network, you never know. That is a lot of different OS's, even though they are all windows based, that are trying to communicate, and different windows versions are not always all to happy to play with each other.

Any chance your neighbor, who also has issues, is on the same network?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 2:24 PM

What is the difference between WGT's swing meter and the TWO meter? I'm not a techie so any kind of explanation would make sense to me.

TY

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 4:22 PM

YankeeJim:
    What is the difference between WGT's swing meter and the TWO meter?

You know what, that is a very good question indeed. Anyone?

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 7:18 PM

You guys piqued my curiosity, too - I haven't played TWO other than a round or two when it originally opened to Beta testing, and abandoned it very quickly. I did a quick search there though, and the similarities are intense, to say the least.....

ret2001

Why is it that Updates seem to generally mess up everything?
    All my club distances have dropped by about 10%
    However drives or clubs are going 10 to 15% futher than they are supposed to.
    Greens are like playing on concrete ,I was on medium setting.
    Got error 80802, and Unity Player closed unexpectedly.
    The swing meter has gotten jittery again, almost impossible to time the click properly.
    Not too impressed with the latest "improvements"

Rhett78

No Wolf Creek for the past 2 weeks, and I've posted about it, when playing on slow greens, some are still like lightning. Wow what an update. I buy th best of everything, have since it was introduced, my yardage is a little shorter than what it was after this update

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/30/2010 23:25:23

Dustoff1

At least you all can get the game to launch. I've tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome and can't get to tigerwoodsonline.ea.com, I keep getting a timeout error. Last week I was at least able to set up my golfer and increase a few attributes, but when I tried to actually play the game, everything froze up. I hope things get better before the official launch!
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 9:38 AM

Just wanted to mention this.

I have Norton 360, and when the background scan is running, the meter has a pulsating affect. When the scan stops, the meter smooths out, but still stutters from time to time.

I read where we can shut down our Antivirus software for game play, but isn't recommended.

Any thoughts?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 9:51 AM

With Norton the QuickScan that runs daily only needs about 1 to 2 minutes.  I'd run it manually before getting into any big matches on WGT.  Now the full scan... that's another issue.  You're able to set when that runs... pick the middle of the night when you're only dreaming about landing on the green at St. Andrews #9 and making the eagle putt.  Not when you're actually trying to do it.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 10:14 AM

...lol, will do DMM. Thanks for the info.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 9:54 PM

Richard4168:

Just wanted to mention this.

I have Norton 360, and when the background scan is running, the meter has a pulsating affect. When the scan stops, the meter smooths out, but still stutters from time to time.

I read where we can shut down our Antivirus software for game play, but isn't recommended.

Any thoughts?

Disable and uninstall on Norton software immediately.

It's crap.

Just my opinion.

AVG is free and way better than Norton.

Plus as long as you keep it updated you only need to scan once a month or so.. unless you frequent shady sites.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 6:08 AM

smason77:

AVG is free and way better than Norton.

Plus as long as you keep it updated you only need to scan once a month or so.. unless you frequent shady sites.

A big second on that. I gave up scanning for viruses because it always takes 2 hours to tell me I don't have one! I've been using the free AVG for 2 years now and have never seen a single virus and it never (did I say never) interferes with the game.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 6:43 AM

Hi smason,

I did just that. Norton 360 is gone. It slows everything down way to much. I was only using the free 90 day trial, so no harm, no foul.

I'm using Charter pipeline for my ISP, and running 10 Mbps. Charter offers a free Anti-virus program (Security Suite) as long as I use their service. Meanwhile, to get signed-up, I need to get some info from my bill which I don't have right now, so I'm using "Avast" and it's free as well for one whole year. I haven't had a problem one time with the Avast service.

I've tried "AVG" in the past, but could only get the 90 day trial version and when the time ran out, I had to use a another service.

Thanks smason and everyone else for your insight. It was helpful.

RSS