Forums

Help › Forums

Why cheat WGT ( part 2 )

Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:56 PM (55 replies)
  • crazyhorse75
    40 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 9:13 PM
    first of all, before my post gets locked again, please read my first. ( Why cheat WGT ) as before i will not encourage, endorse cheating or sponsor any unfair advantage, nor will i dispute WGT as a company, which obviously they are. this is a post for members to air there opinions. in response to some of the posts that were written on my previous thread :- typing " WGT cheat " will always give you, in most cases, an option to the most popular searches, whether it be on a web search engine or popular ' tube ' spaces.( please, find some common sense ). if only it was that easy. i will not give links to sites and i would never want to compromise my enjoyment of this game or tempt others to do so. what i will reference is a couple of responses to my original post by WGTniv. one in particular, quote, " Hi guys, We actively monitor players for any programs designed to work with or modify the scope of the flash platform or the game itself. We are very much aware of the programs that already exist to accomplish that task and we stay up-to-date on any new ones that crop up. Any suspicious activity will flag your account and we will investigate it fully to determine the cause of that activity. You can rest assured that we do not take this matter lightly. Thanks for your concerns. " end quote. summarising, i would always offer full support to WGT. if they would rather talk in private about ' walk-arounds' or possible ' RandomInputs ', keyboard/mouse drivers, script files, or anything relating to Direct X or DOS environment, please feel free to do so. i, myself, probably have more questions than answers ( you have my email ID ) this post is here to keep the true players masters and the hacks as good. PLEASE DONT LOCK THIS THREAD THIS TIME. its a forum, ie, a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest. thank you. PS. members, please take note, i enjoy this game, win or lose. please dont make unsubstantiated comments to get a reaction from me with regards to my ability to play this game. we were all, at one point, as good or as bad as each other. some of us just take longer to learn,,,,, OR DO THEY ?????
  • TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 9:23 PM

What are you getting at?

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 9:53 PM

He's getting at something that isn't commonly discussed and vehemently deleted by WGT.

There are certainly exploits involved with this game.. and it doesn't take much common sense to know where they are. 

Not pointing any fingers.

Like he said. Common sense.

I know he's right. It's simplistic deduction.

I just enjoy the game. I could honestly care less if i'm billy big shot on here.

Those who gamble might have a different take.

It's really not very difficult to figure out if you have an inkling of intelligence.

Every time someone puts WGT on notice they just ban them and/or conform them into sycophants. Typical American Business Protocol. Who do you blame? The idiotic consumers or the Evil empires? lol

As I've tried to warn them (WGT) dealing with REAL money is eventually going to land them on the very wrong side of Federal law regarding the ongoing exploits and (what I deduce to be special favors to friends).

SURE.. I could say that i'm from Canada.. but inquiring minds that want to know would know that i'm not really from Canada. (not referring to myself here).

Again not pointing any fingers. I don't see how I really need to. It's common sense.

GL

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 10:55 AM

dear crazy, it would help your case if it was'nt for you being new to this game, and quite frankly awful at this game. by your logic, i suck therefore all good players must be cheating. very mature. just go look at your bag set up, the best players here would struggle a little with that lousy set up. it would be nice for once all this cheat talk could be accompanied with some evidence. get the lock ready i'm sure this will get things rolling. thx, JB            p.s. your welcome snaike

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 12:46 PM

What proof do you have of cheating here?

Low scores?

I shot a 29 yesterday, did I cheat to do it (in a multi player game to boot)?

How about the 28 I had last week, cheating?

The 60 I shot in a RG at Kiawah?

The eagle I got after hitting my tee shot into the mulch on a par 5?

I notice none of the old timers here nor any of the top 10 players here complain about cheating.   That should tell you something.

I'll give you a word of advice.

Inferior equipment will result in inferior scores.    That's just how it is here.

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 1:35 PM

While I certainly don't believe that cheating is a common practice here, nor do I believe that the top players here cheat, the OP has a valid point.  It would be very naive and shortsighted to believe that these things do not happen.  As a matter of fact, I am attending a barbeque later this month at a friends home who claims he can bypass the registration process, get right into gameclient, and directly manipulate the golf ball with the mouse.  I will bring a video camera with me and post up what he is actually able to do.  I have my doubts personally, and he is a Police Officer, so I trust he is not using this cheat for nefarious purposes.  If indeed something does occur I will send all evidence of such to WGT.

To be clear, this person is NOT registered here and does not actively participate in any way, as far as I know.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 1:45 PM

ghettocop1:
    While I certainly don't believe that cheating is a common practice here, nor do I believe that the top players here cheat, the OP has a valid point.

As I have no dog in this fight (had enough the first time) I would like to ask a question for my naive self. Who is benefiting from this? No names, just a little proof of who stands to gain what. Conjecture doesn't cut it.

• lfclegends
    20 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 2:25 PM
    Ok maybe this will get me into trouble, I don't know. A couple of years back I ran a small website that offered prizes. nothing big, a $20 voucher for the first correct answer type thing. The first thing I realised is that if there is money involved people will try to find a way to cheat. FACT! As has been said by GC I don't think it's common and I believe that very good scores can and are achieved playing the game as it's meant to be played. Is cheating possible on this game - Absolutely. How do I know? I wondered how people could shoot 57 consistantly around BPB and KI, so armed with my experience that people will try to cheat it it was possible and with very little programming experience I tried a simple mouse macro to see if I could ding the drivers. 20 mins later I had it cracked. If I had wanted it was simple to programme a host of macros to do all sorts of shots. Let me be clear: The experiment was run on a practice round and NEVER repeated. I have my 63 ish average through legitimate means. Could I get it to 57? No. My target is 60 and I think that would be the best I could achieve. Could someone else? yes I think so. but there are undoubtably people out there cheating and frankly, I couldn't care less. It won't spoil my enjoyment of the game.
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 2:41 PM

You want to know how people shoot low scores?

And consider there were no hole outs this game, so the average isn't skewed by that.

• lfclegends
    20 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 2:49 PM

You've lost me. I don't know how that, impressive though it is , is relevant to the discussion?

RSS