Forums

Help › Forums

Why cheat WGT ( part 2 )

Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:56 PM (55 replies)
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:41 PM

lvietri:

Just curious ... did you do better or worse using the mouse macro than playing it straight ???

If every shot you play is a full shot macros will work on dinging the meter,all the cheats ive seen for this game are not going to make you the next tibbets.

However there is another form of cheating not mentioned here and that is to start a matchplay challenge for credits then constantly bombard your opponent with offers to drop game and the like until his or her frustration makes there game play anything but great ending in loosing there credits wich is very unsporting.

I have played players who openly say they use the macros and there play is nothing spectacular.

Cheating is the least of WGT`s problems.

CSC

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:49 PM

lfclegends:

Sure. But from your post you seem to be intimating that because I know how it can be done I am cheating. This is not the case. If you read my first post on this thread it will explain a lot.

What?...I didn't say anything to suggest that...and I always read all the posts when I reply to a forum thread.

So again tell us what you know...that was and still is my request.

• lfclegends
    20 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:54 PM

lvietri:

Just curious ... did you do better or worse using the mouse macro than playing it straight ???

That's a good question. I didn't really spend much time at it. All I did was record a perfect drive and replayed it for all the subsequent drives thereby ensuring all my drives were 100% strength and straight.

I concluded (without the effort of testing) that it would only be a case of recording a number of different strengths of different clubs to reproduce a shot free of human error. I would say it's theoretically possible to record the play of any hole that you birdie and you could replay that macro anytime the conditions were the same.

It's not very sophisticated or clever. I'm sure that anybody with programming skills could come up with something much better. As WGT have already admitted, there are programs out there. I have not sought them out, nor would I encourage anybody else to. I would have to say though I doubt there is any way to realistically catch anybody using a macro as it doesnt interfere with the WGT program. Then again how would I know? I'm not that computer literate.

• crazyhorse75
    40 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 5:20 PM

with regards to my original post. i would like to thank WGT for keeping this discussion alive. i generally believe that it is a well worth topic keeping open for members to give there opinions and views on. who knows, it could help WGT in combating, dare i say again, so called cheats. ( members, please try and refrain from antagonizing others into a " MY DADS BIGGER THAN YOUR DAD " scenario, cyber bullying is not accepted here or anywhere ) i totally agree that there are some astonishing, virtual golfers on here and i respect all of the hard work they or you have put in. for me, playing this great game is about the enjoyment. of course, like most of you, i guess, i have aspirations in becoming a top player or earner on this site. sometimes, unfortunately, its human nature that persons will try and achieve this using unfair means. as before, i will not condone cheating and i refuse to sponsor or advertise the such. my intentions with posting this is to keep the masters, masters and the hacks as good. its never been intended to question ability, just honesty. like ive said before, typing ' WGT cheat ' into search engines will always give results. some of these searches will perhaps claim ' help your game '. some offer this free, some charge you for the privilege. three words spring to mind, DONT AND DONT. also, another question to debate is the possabilty of submitting a score without actually playing a round, ie, generating a final result from the first hole without striking a ball.

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 5:35 PM
    OK, I gotta chip in(pun intended) on this one! Just add new tiers doggone it!! Put 'em in 8 to 10 stroke groupings. What the heck! It's that easy! I'd rather play in a group that gives me a shot at competing than with a group that constantly just blows me away,no matter how well I play. Not to win but just be competitive. The folks that constantly shoot low scores don't see it that way because the thought of getting beat 50% of the time is not appealing to them. That is not playing fair boys and girls.Period. Some would say that, that, is a form of cheating in itself! Not accusing anyone here, don't get carried away by what I said. But some people don't like playing with a stacked deck. That my friends is human nature! So WGT the ball is on your course, let all of us here on this site hear a response to my query about more tiers. Otherwise, expect to get plenty more posts on why you guys let people on here that cheat!!!!!!
  • smason77
    464 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 8:55 PM

I'm familiar with macro instruction encoding.. been somewhat of a code dancer in the past. It's easily exploited if you know how to properly alter the code.

That being said.. it's difficult to actually determine who is cheating and who is not.. After all the entire platform of the game is built off of "macromedia".

I don't believe for one second that WGT would condone it. I just don't know that they can sufficiently identify subtle and brief implementations which can also be micro instructed.

If said this before.. and MAYBE i'm just being skeptical or being a "hater".. but I just see how anyone could possibly average in the 50s on this game.. unless their cheating or just simply dumping any round that would hurt their average.

The physics of the game just don't seem as if, if you play within the parameters intended of the game, you could ever possibly achieve such a low consistent average.

Humans err. Computer usually do not.

I'm not calling anyone a cheater. I'm just saying that the concept isn't exactly far fetched and perhaps a lot more subtle than many would care to admit.

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 10:35 PM

Why call anyone a cheater???  Well, because they are!!  Sandbagging is a form of cheating and all WGT has to do is look at the profiles ( score history), of some and I say some of these leaders in these tournaments.

They're easy to spot.. ie.:  I found one today... no names... player shoots consistenly in the mid to high 40s in Ranked rounds.. then a miracle happens.... he shoots a 32 in a tourney.   Then followed by more Ranked rounds in the 40s... then damn it.... how could this be... another 33 in a tourney...and on and on and on...

Just as in real golf there are sandbaggers and cheats, it will never change.  Most amateur tournaments implement a score under average rule... you come in with a 76 PRO ave and you shoot a 67... well, you get bumped a tier.  So now that miraculous 67 you just shot is now among the Master Tier... good luck with that.

There are many ways to curtail these vanity players, WGT just has to try.... if they were smart enough to come up with this game... then they certainly are capable of fixing this mess...... unless of course.... they know that these vanity players are the ones coughing up the big bucks on equipment and such... then, that's another story, isn't it.

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 4:45 PM
    Was just looking at the averages for the Oakmont CTTH. How long has this competition been going on? Not long enough for some of those scores if you ask me! Wgt you better be watching this, Nobody should be that good! Ridiculus if you ask me. I never like to be the one to yell cheat, but I'm seriously getting worried here. If this talent.......so be it!! If it's cheating....... well you guys figure it out! C'mon WGT!!!!! fix this nonsense now!! More tiers or a low down dirty stinking cheaters bracket. Totally pissed off here. and I'm not the only one. Because this will be blocked We'll just make this for WGT. Something is starting to stink here, and you guys better fix it soon or there is going to more trouble than you can shake a stick at!!
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 5:30 PM

iukine:
    Not long enough for some of those scores if you ask me!

AvatarLee posted about his 19 early this morning. Those scores aren't hard to shoot there. A couple of rounds and you're familiar enough to nail the pins. There's no big secret there and it pretty much resembles BPB with a lot of up and down.

Pound out 20 or 30 rounds and it gets scores like what you see.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 5:49 PM

RSS