Forums

Help › Forums

OH NO!! NOT a legend!?!

Thu, Jun 7 2012 6:58 AM (27 replies)
  • Voyager9940
    684 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 8:11 AM

Saw it already coming since several weeks, I was getting way too low into the 61 score as an average. 61 is the point where you upgrade from Tour Master to Legend, provided that you have played anough rounds already and at multiple courses. I should be filled with joy of reaching this status, and by coincidence the only one so far in my Country Club, yet my joy is overshadowed by having to tee off now from further back then anybody else and this will hugely affect my game, scores, match and tournament play.

Ah well, maybe in a few weeks, I might get used to that differnt play and distance?

Hope my achievement will also inspire other members of my Club and WGT to try and reach the top tier. Have a good play everyone and till soon!!

VOY

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 8:19 AM

Congrats!,,,,,    I will say this though,  time for some different irons.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 9:33 AM

You'll love hitting woods into par 3 greens. Oh and the 4th at St Andrews looks suddenly different, and the 17th. Have fun. 

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 9:56 AM

Congratulations Voy!

I usually tee off practice rds from the back tees at TP with my little ole clubs. Its good practice for things to come since eventually I will have to play off them.

I do it in practice mode only because I am not 100% sure but I think in practice mode it doesnt hurt your average. Correct me if I am wrong.

• Voyager9940
    684 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 10:45 AM

hpurey:

Dear HP, can live with new irons, but not with new balls that will go along with it. thx for your comment!!!

VOY

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 10:51 AM

pjctas0822:
    I am not 100% sure but I think in practice mode it doesnt hurt your average. Correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct sir.  

Voyager9940:

hpurey:

Dear HP, can live with new irons, but not with new balls that will go along with it. thx for your comment!!!

VOY

Yea, the balls get a bit pricey.   If you are use to the roll out, even the lower quality golf balls are ok.   

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 12:08 PM

Congrats Voy, now you can relax. I have relaxed to the point of almost not playing. Enjoying the summer and the pool. WGT is great when you have absolutely nothing else to do. 

• Voyager9940
    684 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 6:09 AM

piztaker:
    You'll love hitting woods into par 3 greens. Oh and the 4th at St Andrews looks suddenly different, and the 17th. Have fun. 

Oh my, what will await me there on my favourite course, haven't played there yet since becoming a legend. Shaking now like oak leaves in an aspen forest!

VOY

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 9:59 AM

Congrats for reaching Legend!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 10:10 AM

Houston, we've had a bevy of WGTadmin2 sightings!  Feels like the "good ol' days" again.

RSS