Forums

Help › Forums

Heads UP: Downtime tonight + Upcoming changes ...

Sat, Jun 9 2012 4:39 PM (151 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 7:51 AM

nat11:
    but it is a computer generated game ? so it is for gamers  DOH ! Or did i miss something where it said i needed spikes in my shoes and a glove on my hand to sit at home a play it lo

It all goes to what you perceive it as. Some see it as a game, others see it as a golfing fix or substitute for something they can't do any more or can't get enough of. Imagination helps.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 8:02 AM

YankeeJim:
    substitute for something they can't do any more or can't get enough of. Imagination helps.

That's what he said.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 8:03 AM

To clarify - Chipping has not changed anywhere other than on the green where applying excessive backspin was not intended and is now removed.  This is an attempt to move towards making the game more authentic.

• AGArgent
    343 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 8:19 AM

Thanks, admin2, cleared up the chipping issue. Now, speaking of golfing fixes........didn't you forget something? Ahem....er....something about a...uh...surprise?

• canuck4everr
    100 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 8:26 AM

WGTadmin2:

To clarify - Chipping has not changed anywhere other than on the green where applying excessive backspin was not intended and is now removed.  This is an attempt to move towards making the game more authentic.

Good first step , now only allow chipping on greens once or twice per 18 hole game .

This would be way more authentic   !

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 8:41 AM

Good move WGT. Its these little things that do make the game more authentic to play.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 8:44 AM

canuck4everr:

WGTadmin2:

Good first step , now only allow chipping on greens once or twice per 18 hole game .

No it wouldn't. You can chip all your putts in real life if you wish.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 9:02 AM

Ok-------Heres the deal WGT. I saw a Legend use her wedge on the green about 6 months ago. I started practicing the shot to see if I could master it. Well, after months of trying and hunderds of hours (and $$) spent, I have it working 95% of the time.Now, due to some persistent whining from players who can't master it you remove the spin option.?? I guess I will now work on mastering the shot without spin and continue to use it. I have only been useing the shot on putts that seem impossible to me lately.Lets face it, some people are good with a putter and some are good with the wedge.I feel it is only democracy in letting players decide for themselves which one they prefer to use or develop a working combination of both options.I use my putter alot (31994 times to date)and actually have a somewhat decent average with it. If you check my account to see what I have spent here you may want to reconsider pissing in my Cornflakkes ever again! I enjoy the game and the challenge, but most of all I am here for the friends. Cheers all  

• canuck4everr
    100 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 9:16 AM

piztaker:

canuck4everr:

WGTadmin2:

No it wouldn't. You can chip all your putts in real life if you wish.

When has anyone ever chipped all there putts in real life ?

I win :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2012 9:23 AM

canuck4everr:

That's a pretty good idea.  It would stop players gamers from taking advantage of it. 

RSS